cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patelco Credit Union does not do territories (DP)

tag
Cookiegrabber
Regular Contributor

Patelco Credit Union does not do territories (DP)

This is in a similar vein to my last thread about getting my membership app declined by Kinecta FCU.

I applied for Patelco membership only, with a plan to app for their credit card next (0% APR BT for 6 months with 0% BT fee).

My membership app was declined, so I called and they said it's because I live in a US territory (Northern Mariana Islands). Apparently, they do not give accounts to anyone in territories, including Puerto Rico, even though they have all the territories listed on their app form.

It was a soft pull for membership, so no biggie. Just wanted to put up this DP so other territory-dwellers don't waste a hard pull apping for their credit card.

Starting Scores: No Scores (03/2018)
Current Scores: 779 - 789 (08/2023)
Goal Scores: 780 across the board

Current Total Credit Limit: $109,900 (08/2023)
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Patelco Credit Union does not do territories (DP)

That is unfortunate about your membership denial. Thank you for sharing the data points.
Message 2 of 7
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear that.

Thanks for posting, this will help other members. 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Cookiegrabber wrote:

This is in a similar vein to my last thread about getting my membership app declined by Kinecta FCU.

I applied for Patelco membership only, with a plan to app for their credit card next (0% APR BT for 6 months with 0% BT fee).

My membership app was declined, so I called and they said it's because I live in a US territory (Northern Mariana Islands). Apparently, they do not give accounts to anyone in territories, including Puerto Rico, even though they have all the territories listed on their app form.

It was a soft pull for membership, so no biggie. Just wanted to put up this DP so other territory-dwellers don't waste a hard pull apping for their credit card.

Thanks for dp. I dwell in PR and we get shafted from alot of lenders but still geta few tank goodnessSmiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
Cookiegrabber
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the encouragement, guys. I will continue to put up DPs where I can. Smiley Happy

@AverageJoesCredit Haha yeah, I love the territory-friendly ones, and hopefully I will be able to find some more.

The NMI gets shafted even worse than PR because lots of people don't even know we exist, which is frustrating! Some institutions list all the other territories and even the freely associated (independent, non-US) states of Palau, FSM, etc., but not us. Bah.

Starting Scores: No Scores (03/2018)
Current Scores: 779 - 789 (08/2023)
Goal Scores: 780 across the board

Current Total Credit Limit: $109,900 (08/2023)
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Cookiegrabber wrote:

Thank you for the encouragement, guys. I will continue to put up DPs where I can. Smiley Happy

@AverageJoesCredit Haha yeah, I love the territory-friendly ones, and hopefully I will be able to find some more.

The NMI gets shafted even worse than PR because lots of people don't even know we exist, which is frustrating! Some institutions list all the other territories and even the freely associated (independent, non-US) states of Palau, FSM, etc., but not us. Bah.

Yeah that stinks. I always look to see if PR is on the address bar on apps but even then no gaurentee.  The funny thing here is its actually better getting a cc from a bank or CU  stateside than local. Local banks are so archaic they want ridiculous   pieces of requirements that it just isnt worth it to me. I actually have gotten approved twice in last 3 months from same local bank  and both times i just ended up not completing the process so essentially threw 2 hps to the windSmiley Sad.  Funny thing is i have credit from Pennsylvania,  Virginia, etc and dont even live remotely close lol. Keep your head up, i hope you find a good CU to work with. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think its only for people living in california bay area i'm a member of patelco btu i rarely use it it suckssssss i prefer meriwest

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.