Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Membership

tag
blazerein
Established Contributor

PenFed Membership

So 2 days ago I applied for PenFed Membership as I'm planning to get a good Auto loan down the road.  After I entered my Mobile Number it auto populate all my info and just need to type my SSN. Next screen is just about reading all the Electronic Agreement and once I click Continue, a pop up message came up with my Savings Account number.  I was ready to donate membership fee as I'm not affiliate with Military but it never ask me. Last screen is just funding the account and it's all done.  Membership is SP for me.  Anyone has this experience with PenFed?  Not complaining but thanks PenFed, saved me an additional $15 or $17 for donation fee.

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: PenFed Membership

Congratulations on your membership! There has been reports of SP membership approval and fees waived if prequal'ed

Message 2 of 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

They used to be strict on membership, now they let anyone in.

Congrats on membership.

Message 3 of 5
followgreatness
Contributor

This is helpful. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, I applied yesterday and had the same experience. I opened their higher interest savings once I setup account access. Looking to refi my car and get a new cc this fall.

Also if you looking for a great savings. Digital Federal CU (dcu.org) pays over 6% on their savings for the first 1K in the account.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.