Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Personal Loan Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Personal Loan Question

I'm a little late to this. Talked with penfed today about a personal loan. I haven't recieved mail offers. I've had my truck with them for 2yrs. I asked about qualifications, etc and they woulnd't give me any info except it was an equifax pull and they use a tier system. I read they use fico 9 but can't verify.

Looking at $20k to borrow

710 fico9 score

$102k/ POI

$800/mo mo debt (on report)

Any info appreciated. how does that loan report by the way?

thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed Personal Loan Question

Yes they pull Equifax Fico 9. I don't know how it reports though.

Message 2 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I am confident it reports as an installment loan, it did in the past.

I was planning to play with a Penfed loan to chase reindeer games again as I'm not convinced it ever got tested but I really should be keeping my credit squeaky clean currently and as such not in a place to play more games currently to try stuff.

I think @pizza1 has a loan through them currently.

        
Message 3 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I had a loan through them though paying on time and paying it off early did me no good with them. I wouldnt touch a pl from them if they paid me lol. But you can pay as many months in advance as you would like with no penalty.
Message 4 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Their PL are pretty easy to get. I got one with a BK and several IIB's showing at the time, and umpteen new acts and INQ. The loan reports to all threeCRA's as installment.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.