Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed Transfer Taking Forever?

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

Re: Penfed Transfer Taking Forever?

Well Penfed finally emailed me back and stated a portion of my transfer is now available and that the other portion will be available Monday... They held my funds for almost a week! Never again. I will stick with Chase and NFCU lol

Message 31 of 36
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@CivalV wrote:

Well Penfed finally emailed me back and stated a portion of my transfer is now available and that the other portion will be available Monday... They held my funds for almost a week! Never again. I will stick with Chase and NFCU lol

Well at least you got a portion. SDFCU is still holding all of the funds hostage.Smiley LOL

Never seen anything quite like it. They make Capital One's money market account look like a school girl with their hold times. lol

Message 32 of 36
CivalV
Established Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@CivalV wrote:

Well at least you got a portion. SDFCU is still holding all of the funds hostage.Smiley LOL

Never seen anything quite like it. They make Capital One's money market account look like a school girl with their hold times. lol

That is horrific! I made about 4 easy fast transfers with NFCU and my 2 pending transfers with Penfed took well over 6 days .. What in the world. That is actually really funny! Smiley LOL 

Message 33 of 36
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@CivalV wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@CivalV wrote:

That is horrific! I made about 4 easy fast transfers with NFCU and my 2 pending transfers with Penfed took well over 6 days .. What in the world. That is actually really funny! Smiley LOL 

Now if I were a normal consumer with one bank account. I'd actually believe what SDFCU is doing as normal. lol

Unfortunetly I know better!

That's why I tell all my family and friends don't be afraid to have more than one bank account or shop banks. 

It's just like home and auto insurance. Unless you look, you never know how much you're getting screwed!!! Smiley WinkSmiley LOL

Message 34 of 36
CivalV
Established Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@CivalV wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@CivalV wrote:

Now if I were a normal consumer with one bank account. I'd actually believe what SDFCU is doing as normal. lol

Unfortunetly I know better!

That's why I tell all my family and friends don't be afraid to have more than one bank account or shop banks. 

It's just like home and auto insurance. Unless you look, you never know how much you're getting screwed!!! Smiley WinkSmiley LOL

That is smart! I thought that all banks were like Chase, up until my mother told me about HSBC. It was at that point, I realized Chase might actually be one of the best. I will be teaching my daughter's about banks, credit unions and so on. They will have so much knowledge at a young age haha 

Message 35 of 36
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Be careful with Chase.

That's the only bank I've seen lock a parent's bank accounts for one of their grown children's default accounts.😂

My aunt was pissed!! 

It's all subjective. But from experience with 30 plus bank and credit unions.

I have to give the torch to USAA.

I've had Chase, Wells Fargo, Charles Schwab, BBT, BMO Harris, Union Bank, SunTrust, Buffalo bank and many, many more.

USAA for pure speed of transfers and mobile deposits availability. I haven't been with any bank that matches them on pure banking.

All without a dime in fees.

Some banks and CUs offer better CCs, account APY rates and loans. I'm speaking purely of bank accounts transfers and availability.

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.