Did you mean: 

Question For NFCU Members

tag
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Re: Question For NFCU Members

@LifeIsAHighway wrote:

@thornback ,

Thank you as well. Maybe they have changed practices & are now not releasing the internal score to members? Also, thanks for reminding me of the "massive" Navy thread. I'll post my question there & see if anyone has recent experience in regards to AA letters & score provided.

Thanks!!!

I can say for me back in March is when I was denied for a card and it had the internal score listed, so if they've changed practice it's been quite recent.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 11 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

It must be a recent change?  ..

I know that I had received a letter within the past 12 months .. with my internal score.

Message 12 of 20
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

@LifeIsAHighway wrote:

Hey all,

I have a question regarding NFCU's internal score that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on. I have read in several posts on the forum of people knowing their NFCU internal score. I can't seem to find out what my internal score is. I recv'd my 3rd CC from NFCU in the mail today (actually the cashRewards replacing my now graduated nRewards) & called NFCU to inquire about my internal score. The gentleman I spoke with said that anytime you obtain a credit product from NFCU, the internal score is on the paperwork you receive. I looked over every inch of the paperwork that came with my card today, plus pulled all of the paperwork that came with my 2 prior NFCU cards & all I see is the FICO score. If anyone can enlighten me on where to look or how to obtain my individual internal score from NFCU, I would really appreciate it.

I may not get an opportunity to log back on tonight so, for anyone who may respond, "Thanks in advance."

Just after the credit card arrives you should receive a letter/mailer titled ‘Your Credit Report and the Price You Pay for Credit’. Page 1 has the usual explanation of your report and how  it was used.  Turn it over to page 2, ‘Your  Credit Score and UnderstandIng Your Credit Score’.  The first box should say ‘Your Navy Federal Credit Score’ on the left with the number, source (Navy Federal Credit Union) and date on the right . It’s easy to dismiss because the title boxes are gray and look generic. 

Message 13 of 20
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

I just joined in April, and right after joining by phone, opening a checking and small savings, I checked the pre-qualify and applied for the cashRewards card.  I received a low $500 SL and accepted the offer. So I was not denied a credit card.  I did receive my internal score via mail.  It was on the back of a paper in the upper right-hand corner, I believe.  I almost missed it.  I will have to look for it.  I couldn't find it the other day when filing all of my NFCU documents.

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 14 of 20
LifeIsAHighway
New Contributor

@Streetervillelady@Jannelo ,

Thank you both for your input. Since my post, I have pulled my file containing every single sheet of paper that I've recv'd from NFCU since opening my accts in Sept, 2018. I have thoroughly reviewed the front & back of every page in my entire file. There is no sign of an internal credit score. Maybe I'm the anomaly.Smiley Tongue Oh well, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. NFCU has been very good to me & I look forward to a long & happy relationship with them, no matter what my internal score might be.Smiley Wink

Thanks!!!

** SCROLL OVER ANY OF THE IMAGES BELOW FOR DETAILED INFO **

LOANS:

CREDIT CARDS:

Total CC CL $90,650 + HELOC CL $25,000 = Total CL $115,650

Ch7 BK Filed 10-29-2018
Ch7 BK Discharged/Closed 01-30-2019
Mortgage Reaffirmed in BK - Perfect Payment History Since Purchase

Fico 8 Scores - 04-2024

Fico 9 Scores - 04-2024
Message 15 of 20
thornback
Senior Contributor

@LifeIsAHighway wrote:

Thank you both for your input. Since my post, I have pulled my file containing every single sheet of paper that I've recv'd from NFCU since opening my accts in Sept, 2018. I have thoroughly reviewed the front & back of every page in my entire file. There is no sign of an internal credit score. Maybe I'm the anomaly.Smiley Tongue Oh well, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. NFCU has been very good to me & I look forward to a long & happy relationship with them, no matter what my internal score might be.Smiley Wink

Thanks!!!

haha... so weird.   But like you said -- you've been doing well with them so at this point, it doesn't really matter -- not like we have a thorough understanding of their internal scoring system anyway... (though I understand the curiousity).

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 16 of 20
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

@LifeIsAHighway wrote:

Thanks!!!

You’re welcome. But keep an eye out. It did arrive separate from the new credit card. 

Message 17 of 20
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

I received my cash rewards CC back in April. The paperwork I received did show my internal score due to not receiving the best APR. 

Hope this helps you. 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 18 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@thornback wrote:

@LifeIsAHighway wrote:

Thanks!!!

haha... so weird.   But like you said -- you've been doing well with them so at this point, it doesn't really matter -- not like we have a thorough understanding of their internal scoring system anyway... (though I understand the curiousity).

@thornback  And here we depended on you for everythingSmiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 20
thornback
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@thornback  And here we depended on you for everythingSmiley Very Happy

hahaha... @M_Smart007 

We all fall short sometimes.... 

Steemit

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.