Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBFCU Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RBFCU Denied

Well I saw on someone's post the other day where they were loving RBFCU. I looked into it and decided to apply. It accepted online the fact that I live in TN and not TX and I was not military. Took my money to open savings and checking accounts and said my accounts were in review. Thought no biggie. I answered questions about my credit etc online. Received an email today asking me to call to verify info so I did only to be told I was not eligible because I did not live in TX. What's the point in having the info to fill out asking for my address and then verifying that I am out of your area if you are not going to use that info. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: RBFCU Denied

That's unfortunate. It's best to research before applying. Some CUs do have a geo-fence.

Message 2 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I saw on someone's post the other day where they were loving RBFCU. I looked into it and decided to apply. It accepted online the fact that I live in TN and not TX and I was not military. Took my money to open savings and checking accounts and said my accounts were in review. Thought no biggie. I answered questions about my credit etc online. Received an email today asking me to call to verify info so I did only to be told I was not eligible because I did not live in TX. What's the point in having the info to fill out asking for my address and then verifying that I am out of your area if you are not going to use that info. 

Sorry OP, That can be very frustrating. As I have had it happen a few times. If I am not 100% sure, I usually call first now.

Message 3 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry OP, That can be very frustrating. As I have had it happen a few times. If I am not 100% sure, I usually call first now.

Does calling help generally?  Their website last I checked is clear and I know there's several of us over time that tried it and found out it was geofenced.  If I do move back to central TX though I'm going to be walking that utility bill down to one of their branches though haha.

        
Message 4 of 9
creditfan
Established Contributor

their online enrollment will work you through the process to see if you qualify. Anyone who lives/works/school/wordship anywhere in TX other than service area needs to join (free to join) ACC organization to qualify.

I do live in TX, but not in service area. That was how I got in

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went through the online link and gave My address in TN and it approved me based on the info I gave. That’s the confusing part. Why approve me online then act surprised when on the call to verify my info you realize I am in TN.
Message 6 of 9
creditfan
Established Contributor

regardless where you live, you're in if you work for emloyers selected groups, and/or if you have any relative is a member

Message 7 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@creditfan wrote:

regardless where you live, you're in if you work for emloyers selected groups, and/or if you have any relative is a member

True but the employer list they have isn't exactly global companies (or even big domestic ones), and given people historically haven't moved around a whole lot, it's pretty much tied to being in their geographical area.

        
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was interested in joining RBFCU and noticed that they included DoD contractors in their field of membership.  I asked if I was eligible (at the time, I was working for a DoD contractor but not in TX), and if not, if I could sign up my employer to their FOM.  They never answered.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.