cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving For a Truck in 2024 - Options?

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Saving For a Truck in 2024 - Options?

@blindambition wrote:

If going card route... Discover will do more in long run. BECU or DCU savings. Both offer 6.17%. DCU is on first 1k, then .25%.

Excellent suggestion on BECU and DCU.

In addition, as recommended by @Gmood1  and @M_Smart007

I just applied for membership at Redstone Federal Credit Union:

Brighter Day Savings

No matter what you’re saving for, Redstone has a savings account to fit any need. With an unprecedented annual percentage yield (APY) of 5.09% for balances up to $2,500, and 0.40% APY on balances over $2,500, a Brighter Day Savings account is the premier way to earn maximum returns on your savings.

There is also WyHy. Not sure on membership requirement. Maybe hard pull TU?

SmartReturns Checking Account

4% APY checking up to $15,000

Message 11 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

Mr. Smarty Pants is ALL business!!

Smiley Wink

@blindambition, You got that right popcorn eating emoticon.gif

Message 12 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Ha, I gave the buying tips as I figured @AllZero would chime in and help with your other question's?

Hope it works out for YaSmiley Happy

I'm surprised AllZero hasn't chimed in yet! Smiley Wink

@Anonymous  @M_Smart007  I was a little pre-occupied, opening an account at Redstone.

Congrats! .. on your new account there  .. slowpokeSmiley Tongue

@M_Smart007   Thank you. I've been consistently slow. Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 16
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Depending on your spend (volume and categories), getting a few $200-$500 cash SUBs may be better than a capped 5% card or a 3% intro year.

I was a sucker for add-on fees when I got my lightly-used Subaru in college. It's comfortable and still runs, though...and the maintenance has been pretty modest.

Seeing as you're looking several years out and the designs (and pricing) may change, I suggest you avoid locking yourself into GM.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 14 of 16
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

Depending on your spend (volume and categories), getting a few $200-$500 cash SUBs may be better than a capped 5% card or a 3% intro year.

I was a sucker for add-on fees when I got my lightly-used Subaru in college. It's comfortable and still runs, though...and the maintenance has been pretty modest.

Seeing as you're looking several years out and the designs (and pricing) may change, I suggest you avoid locking yourself into GM.

This might be a good, and dare I say better, idea. I spend between $12-15k a year on credit cards, which would net me a minimum $240 per year at a base rate of 2%. A new SUB every 6 months could be a better alternative.

I was looking to snag 2 more Chase cards (a Marriott and CFU), but I might drop the Marriott plan. My wife already gains us Marriott points with her Amex anyway and I was just going to boost us with another. I'm not under 5/24 until August, so maybe I'll start with the CFU and then every 6 months grab something else.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Ha, I gave the buying tips as I figured @AllZero would chime in and help with your other question's?

Hope it works out for YaSmiley Happy

I'm surprised AllZero hasn't chimed in yet! Smiley Wink

@Anonymous  @M_Smart007  I was a little pre-occupied, opening an account at Redstone.

Congratulations! 👍

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.