Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with Yodlee data deletion

tag
TyrannicalDuncery3
Established Member

My experience with Yodlee data deletion

Yodlee is a linking service similar to Plaid. Plaid has methods for deleting your data (or at least they pretend to delete it). I couldn't find anything similar for Yodlee, so here's my experience.

• I called Yodlee at their standard number that appears on google and BBB.
  • I picked "customer care" which I think is for banks, immediately got a rep, asked them whether there was a way to delete my data. They said that I should ask the bank, but that if the bank couldn't figure it out then I could email Yodlee and they would get it started. I thought must be BS, maybe it is. BUT:
  • I then called the bank back. Support and technical people of course tried hard but couldn't do anything. I asked them whether I could please email Yodlee and say that the bank couldn't figure it out and Yodlee needs to help me. They said yes.
  • So I emailed Yodlee my nice 2-page Karen rant, and they emailed me back a couple hours later saying they got in touch with the bank!
  • The next day, I got a call from Merrill (I trust it was them because they knew the facts of my case, called from a googlable BofA number, and sent me a code from the same address that usually sends me the Merrill codes). They said they were going to make the request to Yodlee and asked whether I wanted to add anything to the request.

Along the way, odlee said that changing my password won't help escape Yodlee.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.