Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statement credit for US Bank turn into refund check

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Re: Statement credit for US Bank turn into refund check

If I was you call US bank and ask why you where not approved for a checking account.

Message 21 of 35
mikecintel
Established Member

@firefox100 wrote:

If I was you call US bank and ask why you where not approved for a checking account.

I did called but it keeps ring and ring and no one every picks up the phones.  I give up.

Message 22 of 35
firefox100
Valued Contributor

You may be calling wrong number try this 1800 872 2657..

Message 23 of 35
mikecintel
Established Member

@firefox100 wrote:

US Bank gave me this number for checking account applications 866-268-7231.  OK I will try that number and let's see what happens.

UPDATE: I just called the number and the rep gave me the 866-268-7231 again and no one answer the phone.  Then I called the number above that you gave me and they said "You are not approve and I will get a letter from US Bank.  This is ridiculous becuase I never ever dealt with this before in creating a checking account.   Anyway it is taking too long so I am just going to cancel the account.  It is too much of a hassle.  I apperciate your help.  I guess US Bank checking account is not ment for me.

Thanks,

Mike

Message 24 of 35
Yoshi1981
Regular Contributor

@mikecintel wrote:

@firefox100 wrote:

US Bank gave me this number for checking account applications 866-268-7231.  OK I will try that number and let's see what happens.

UPDATE: I just called the number and the rep gave me the 866-268-7231 again and no one answer the phone.  Then I called the number above that you gave me and they said "You are not approve and I will get a letter from US Bank.  This is ridiculous becuase I never ever dealt with this before in creating a checking account.   Anyway it is taking too long so I am just going to cancel the account.  It is too much of a hassle.  I apperciate your help.  I guess US Bank checking account is not ment for me.

Thanks,

Mike

@mikecintel Sorry you're having so much trouble. Smiley Frustrated Opening checking, savings and new card were a seamless process for me with USB but I can see how this has turned into a frustrating ordeal for you. 

FICO 8: EQ 712 | EX 711 | TU 706
Discover $10k (AU) | Wayfair $4.5k | AAA Daily Advantage $4.2k | Citizens Bank Cash Back+ | USB Altitude Connect $2k | Target $1k
Message 25 of 35
mikecintel
Established Member

@mikecintel Sorry you're having so much trouble. Smiley Frustrated Opening checking, savings and new card were a seamless process for me with USB but I can see how this has turned into a frustrating ordeal for you. 

Yes thank you.  It is supprising that I got the USB credit cards but not their checking account.  That is strange.  What I don't understand is I already have a US Bank credit card with them and I should be able to getting a checking account with but no dice.  Everything is the same with the credit info so it matches.  I don't get it and US Bank doesn't make sense anyway.  Anyway, I am going to drop USB credit next year and go with a differnt back.  US Bank for me is too frustrating.  It was nice kowing US Bank anyway.  I tried them and I am done with US Bank.  Although I have to give a thumbs up for US Bank for one thing.  It is there "Hold Music to wait to speak a representative".  It souds so professional unlike other banks. That is the only think I like about US BankSmiley Very Happy  

Message 26 of 35
firefox100
Valued Contributor

If I was you I would get on the Phone and take as high as you can with US bank , you wanted if their is some thing in one of files to make shore that you don't have problem. Opening a checking account should be no big deal. They check other data files other then 3 credit reports such as cek systems and early warning systems.

Message 27 of 35
mikecintel
Established Member

@firefox100 wrote:

If I was you I would get on the Phone and take as high as you can with US bank , you wanted if their is some thing in one of files to make shore that you don't have problem. Opening a checking account should be no big deal. They check other data files other then 3 credit reports such as cek systems and early warning systems.

Yes I agree with you opening a checking should be very easy and no big deal.  What is a cek system and what early warning system?  The rep told me that I would get a letter from US Bank explaining why am not approved so I will have to see what the letter says.  I already have a checking account with my local bank so that is good enough.  The reason why I wanted to open a checking account is becuase of the credit card I want to transfer my rewards to the checking and then US Bank checking account to my local bank. Since that is not working I request US Bank to send a refund check for me and that is the original way I wanted.  I though opening a checking account would be easier like you siad but I have to jump through hoops.  If I wanted to create a new checking account with another bank I will go into the branch and it is easier then filling online application.

Message 28 of 35
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Early warning systems is data base that was set up by Chase and lot of the big banks to watch out for customers who have problems like writewith you but you won't open a checking account You could go into another bank to open a new checking account and they may say we can not open checking account. When you open  checking account bank will check run you through the system. Don't throw out baby with water.ing bad checks and may be on gov watch lists, this is something I would take seriously, the Question I would ask US bank is why I have credit card

Message 29 of 35
mikecintel
Established Member

@firefox100 wrote:

Early warning systems is data base that was set up by Chase and lot of the big banks to watch out for customers who have problems like writewith you but you won't open a checking account You could go into another bank to open a new checking account and they may say we can not open checking account. When you open  checking account bank will check run you through the system. Don't throw out baby with water.ing bad checks and may be on gov watch lists, this is something I would take seriously, the Question I would ask US bank is why I have credit card

Thank so you much for your explaination.  I think I know what the reason is and it has to do with my name.  I have another name and in the 3 credit bureaus it says xxx (aka Mike) so I know what the probelm is.  With the credit cards it is fine becuase the 3 bureaus already has things written on it like what the aka is.  I rarely write checks at all.  I always pay my bill online.  I have a TD Bank account and I created a checking account with out any problelms and I went to their physcial branch.  I gave them my ID cards, SS card etc and within minutes the checking account was opened.  Now I am thinking they might need a photo ID to proof that is me so the checking account can be opened.  Will update post when I do recieve letter from US Bank.  To be continued....

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.