cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Personal Checking DENIED due to Geolocation??

tag
hackersmovie
New Contributor

US Bank Personal Checking DENIED due to Geolocation??

I went online to open a personal checking account with US Bank and after entering my zip code I got a pop-up saying they don't service my area. 

Is there a workaround?

I'd like to build a relationship with them but, this makes it difficult. 

*side note: I did just apply for a business checking and didn't get the same error message, would this get me "in" with them?

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

FICO 8: Equifax - 686 / Transunion - 727 / Experian - 678
FICO 9: Equifax - 659 / Transunion - 776 / Experian - 673
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Bill77
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank Personal Checking DENIED due to Geolocation??

I thought I recall reading that opening a brokerage account first could be a back door.

Message 2 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Or any credit card with them (although not sure if you want to open the bank account in the hopes it will help get a card).

Back in the day when the Altitude Reserve required you to be a customer, I had a Cash+, and although I lived outside the service area, I was able to open a joint checking account with my daughter, who then magically became a customer and was able to get the AR.

Message 3 of 4
hackersmovie
New Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Or any credit card with them (although not sure if you want to open the bank account in the hopes it will help get a card).

Back in the day when the Altitude Reserve required you to be a customer, I had a Cash+, and although I lived outside the service area, I was able to open a joint checking account with my daughter, who then magically became a customer and was able to get the AR.

@longtimelurker correct! I've had pretty good luck thus far opening a checking/savings account with BofA and Truist then getting cards. With US Bank, I was looking at the long game as I am only about a year since my BK DC and figured a Checking/Savings would help.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

FICO 8: Equifax - 686 / Transunion - 727 / Experian - 678
FICO 9: Equifax - 659 / Transunion - 776 / Experian - 673
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.