Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venmo Debit Card

tag
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Venmo Debit Card

Hello FICO friends! Can any one give me insight regarding the Venmo Debit Card. I am debating on whether to open one but not sure if it is safe to Link my bank account to the Venmo Debit card. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Venmo Debit Card

Are you already a Venmo user, and do you have it linked to your bank account presently?   

I wouldn't view having the debit card as being riskier than a regular debit card, with the caveat that peer-to-peer payment services like Venmo probably have a higher rate of fraud so I'd be vigilant and keep an eye on it.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude 

Thank you so much for the feedback really appreciate it.  No I haven't signed up not yet bcuz I wanted more information b4 opening a Venmo debit account and linking one of my banks to the Venmo account.  My son has a venmo debit card so I thought it would be easier to transfer when he is in need of Emergency cash. Ty for the info guess I will find another way. 

Message 3 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

You can use still use Venmo, and transfer money without having the debit card product, if you don't want it.

Alternately you can always use another service, or open an account at the same financial institution as him.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 5
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude 

My Son account is with Venmo he has his Govt direct deposited in his Venmo account.  I normally use Zelle with my Boa account but Venmo does not accept Zelle. Thanks for the info @pizzadude 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.