Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF checking account verification?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WF checking account verification?

Hello. Does anyone facing this problem when opening a checking with them?
https://i.postimg.cc/L8nNzLRy/62150-B14-D3-EA-4470-9-A1-D-22-A848-F4-D924.jpg
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WF checking account verification?

It's not unusual.  It's partly the result of increased scrutiny by the government at people opening accounts for the purpose of money laundering, identity theft, and other kinds of criminal activity.  I just opened a savings account with Navy Fed and it did the same thing with me.

If a person has established other kinds of accounts with the bank, it's less likely to happen.  For example, I have three open credit cards with Chase, and have had savings and checking accounts with them before.  So when I opened a new savings and checking with them in January, they didn't ask me to produce extra documentation or come in to the branch.

I also never do anything that is statistically correlated with criminal or suspicious activity, e.g. frequent or large cash deposits.

Message 2 of 3
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Re: WF checking account verification?

I opened a few accounts recently with WF and had no problems since i was already an established customer. When my father oassed, it took a little extra paper work  to get things transfered to my brother and I, but WF was very helpful. It eas helpful that everything was left in trust, and not passed down through a will, so there was no probate, and saved a lot on estate taxes. Despite all the bad media WF has gotten recently, I have not had any problems, but that nay because i am a high value customer, and my broker at WF advisors is a friend of the familey (our families go back several generations). 

In your case, WF might make sure they are dotting all the i’s and crossing all their t’s to prove they are not opening phony accounts again.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.