Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wealth Management at BofA & Merrill

tag
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Wealth Management at BofA & Merrill

IIRC there are a few people here who use Merrill/BofA's Wealth Management Services. Can you share what your experience has been with these services? The good, the bad, the ugly. From reading online, it looks like BofA's Private Bank is more comprehensive than I need, since I have an estate attorney in mind. Merrill seems to offer more traditional IA-BD fare. Am I correct in this understanding?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: Wealth Management at BofA & Merrill

@VanderSnoot wrote:

IIRC there are a few people here who use Merrill/BofA's Wealth Management Services. Can you share what your experience has been with these services? The good, the bad, the ugly. From reading online, it looks like BofA's Private Bank is more comprehensive than I need, since I have an estate attorney in mind. Merrill seems to offer more traditional IA-BD fare. Am I correct in this understanding?

My parents still keep a small nest egg with BoA/Merrill that I help manage. Interface feels about the same as other WM players. Nothing bad I found, but nothing outstanding either. For advisors, it's going to be a crap shoot between them, with some people getting an advisor they like and some getting one they don't. If you land with a person you like working with, the institution behind them becomes a lot less important than that relationship.

That said, the ones I've dealt with have been pretty cookie-cutter, but being free one can't really complain.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.