Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yelp Cash Back

tag
Gollum
Established Contributor

Yelp Cash Back

I searched the "Entire Community" here and didn't come up with anything, so I thought I'd mention that there's a Yelp Cash Back for participating restaurants that can be linked to most credit cards for people who have signed up for Yelp.  Looks like participating restaurants in my area mostly give 7% back.  I'm more privacy minded than a lot of people, and I'm not likely to eat at the participating restaurants near me that were listed after a quick search (I'm already signed up for Yelp), but the program offers up to 10% cash back (the restaurant pays; apparently it's easier than coupons or QR scans) so I thought some people might be interested.  Anyone here tried Yelp Cash Back yet?

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yelp Cash Back

I have. I only order through yelp maybe once a month. The most I've gotten back was $2.
Message 2 of 11
Gollum
Established Contributor

wrote:
I have. I only order through yelp maybe once a month. The most I've gotten back was $2.

It looks like it's only necessary to use a linked credit card when paying at a participating restaurant, but I haven't tried it.  Do you think it's necessary to order through Yelp or get an offer from the restaurant first?  I never was very enthused about rewards credit cards until I got a rewards credit card Smiley Happy and it looks like the cash back is either 7% or 10%, so... hmm...

Edit: Now after another search I see it's not just restaurants...

Edit: Only 15 restaurants and businesses near my ZIP code, though, and I wouldn't go to those places just for the cash back.  Pretty good percentage for cash back, though, so might be useful for some people here.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 3 of 11
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

I've used it a few times but all those times were unintentional. I linked most of my cards to it because I might as well, and then sometimes I just swipe my card and get a notification saying I received x back from this restaurant. So it's nothing related to using Yelp - you just need to use the card after linking it and they'll automatically give you a statement credit for that card. It's pretty neat!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

I've used it a few times but all those times were unintentional. I linked most of my cards to it because I might as well, and then sometimes I just swipe my card and get a notification saying I received x back from this restaurant. So it's nothing related to using Yelp - you just need to use the card after linking it and they'll automatically give you a statement credit for that card. It's pretty neat!

Sounds like the Groupon+ program. Checking it out now. Thanks OP!

FYI Dunkin Donuts on Groupon+ gives 100% CB up to $3 on your first purchase and 20% off up to $3 for each transaction thereafter.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yelp cash is ok, I gave it a 2 star.
Message 6 of 11
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

I have my cards linked and also in SkyMiles Dining so I can double dip in many cases.

Message 7 of 11
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

wrote:

I have my cards linked and also in SkyMiles Dining so I can double dip in many cases.

Oh I didn't know Skymiles had a similar program. Boutta go sign up right now!

Message 8 of 11
iced
Valued Contributor

@Gollumwrote:

I searched the "Entire Community" here and didn't come up with anything, so I thought I'd mention that there's a Yelp Cash Back for participating restaurants that can be linked to most credit cards for people who have signed up for Yelp.  Looks like participating restaurants in my area mostly give 7% back.  I'm more privacy minded than a lot of people, and I'm not likely to eat at the participating restaurants near me that were listed after a quick search (I'm already signed up for Yelp), but the program offers up to 10% cash back (the restaurant pays; apparently it's easier than coupons or QR scans) so I thought some people might be interested.  Anyone here tried Yelp Cash Back yet?

There's actually quite a few services out there that do exactly this with different rewards. Some do cash-back like Yelp, others do miles per dollar like MP Dining. All link to your CC so it's passively earned, but be aware you cannot double-dip with your cards on these (that is, sign up one card for multiple services to get cash back + miles + something else).

Message 9 of 11
iced
Valued Contributor

@Noctilumwrote:

I would be interested in hearing which programs you found allow this. Every time I've tried to double-dip, they reject my attempt to add the card by stating they've detected it's already a member of a different program.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.