Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You never know with Union Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

You never know with Union Bank

So there's a current checking promo that's supposedly targeted. Anyways called about 7 branches. Three were not aware of it. The rest said it was targeted and an appt was required to apply with mail offer on hand as proof. So I was near one today by chance and just walked in not knowing where this branch stands. Told the teller about the promo and she didn't know about. She looked it up and found it. She talked to the banker and the banker offered to open an acct on the spot!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: You never know with Union Bank

Thank you for sharing the information!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was the promo?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Offered only in CA, OR & WA and again "targeted." Must apply in branch and if you're not targeted most will NOT open an acct. I just got lucky! Promo: $300. Must have 3 DD (min of $500 each)or 1K in spend using debit (min ten swipes) within 90 days. Will end sometime in Jan 21' Again YMMV!

Message 4 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I like bank promo's, just don't like the TAX part. Great for low income earner's.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a letter stating my acct will be closed on 1/26/21 because of Chex. There was a warning on DoC about them doing this to ppl.

Message 6 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

That is unfortunate.
Message 7 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like Chex caught up with ya and Union Bank's internal accounts review.  I guess no SUB huh.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chex was the reason only with them. I was able to open 2 more accts after Union. Glad most FI are not like them. I don't want to walk on eggshells with a Co I do business with. Yeah no bonus oh well!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.