Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

% of budget for housing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: % of budget for housing?

Absolutely agree that a home should be a blessing and not a curse! Thank you for your input Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! I figured that using your net take home pay is a more realistic methodology. My intention is that my first houese would not be my last as this would eventually be used as a rental property. I figure the less % of take home pay, the more I can save for both the next down payment and principal to refi the 1st house in the later years. Thanks for your input! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is great! I never thought of it that way. Thanks for your input Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

100% agree on this! Net pay should be the indicator and it is crazy how loan mortgage originators try to upsell you by telling you all the bells and whistles since you can "afford more." Only hard part is just saving up that down payment! Thanks for your input Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely agree with this! Are you doig 25% on a 15 year or 30 year fixed?

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely, I could never ever fathom the idea of 50% allocated as a mortgage payment! Thanks for your input Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.