Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 blemish due to error

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 blemish due to error

Last June was a stressful month due to a few Covid scares in our family and when I paid my car payment online I must have mixed up my PNC car loan amt with another car loan amount resulting in a $100 underpayment without realizing it.  I pay everything online and often way before the due date and I don't recall getting any PNC underpayment alerts.  I didn't realize my mistake until the following month and immediately contacted PNC to explain and bring the account current, but PNC went ahead and reported the underpayment as a 30 day late payment.  This is the one and only negative mark on my perfect credit report and I think it continues to lower my score.  Other than this  I have an exceptional payment history with all my lenders.

Is it possible to get PNC to reconsider and remove this negative mark & is it worth the effort at this point?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: 1 blemish due to error

I think I read somewhere that someone had good luck with GW with PNC, but I can't say for sure. It never hurts to try GW letter to them and see what happens. Especially explaining it like you did so succinctly. Good luck and keep us posted. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 2 of 4
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It's definitely worth attempting to get it removed as a single derogatory could cost you 30-100 points for the next 7 years depending on what it is.

Message 3 of 4
mja1970
Valued Member

I would send them a letter asking for a goodwill deletion.  If you have an otherwise good payment history with them and explain that is was an honest mistake made during a stressful time in your life, I don't think they'll have any problems deleting it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.