Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 pt jump In TU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 pt jump In TU

I am getting ready to buy a vehicle and I pulled all three of my fico scores and what do you know I have 30Smiley Very Happy pt jump in my transunion from last month and only an 8 and 11 pt jump in my equifax and experian.  What gives?  I still have the same accts listed on my reports nothing has dropped off.  My util% has dropped a little over all, but nothing drastic. I just reached an anniversary date on a few accts, that have been on time for a year.  Is transunion more generous than the other two cra's when it comes to paying on time or what?

If anyone has an answer can you please share the love?

Thanks!!!!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: 30 pt jump In TU

I change from say 10% to 9% or from 20% to 19% can make a big difference in your scores.  What was the old util and the new one?

Also # of card reporting a balance could be an affect if you reduced the number.  TU likes maybe only one card reporting a balance (at least for me).

Message Edited by marty56 on 06-10-2008 06:52 PM
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

my uti% is still higher than I wiould like because of a charge off still reporting a balance.  But, because of that, I paid two of the three cards reporting a balance to a 0 balance , and now I have dropped from 63% overall util% to a 47%.  But, that happened last month, and there was a change in my score then too.  I am really stoked about this jump though, i just hope ex, eq, steps up to the plate and does the same thing soon.......................

Note:  keep in mind that these are sub-primes so it does not take much to pay to a 0 balance...... 
Message 3 of 5
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Okay, I don't want to sound super stupid... but what is a sub-prime CC?

BTW, great job on the score jump!
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh you don't sound stupid at all, its all a part of learning, when you are asking questions.  A sub-prime cc is a card mostly used when trying to rebuild credit.  The cards will come with fees out the "wazzu" and a very low credit limit.  But most of the time when you have had bad credit, you have to suffer to get to the land where better cc companies are trusting you.  No one like sub-primes, but they have really helped me especially since I can afford the fees, but as soon as I get my credit report clean and have had these cards for another year, I will try and apply for prime cards(the cards with higher credit limits and less fees, some rewards).. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.