Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Goodwill SUCCESS

tag
Relatxbles
Frequent Contributor

Amex Goodwill SUCCESS

Hey everyone! Super exciting news today. I had read about folks on here attempting a goodwill letter to remove late payments and I figured I may as well give it a try. I sent an e-mail to a few places (e-mail addresses I found here on the forum, actually!) regarding a late payment from a couple of years ago. Well, not even 48 hours after firing the e-mail off I had received a phone call from their executive office stating that they had received my request and were working on it. Somewhere around a week later I received a call back and was told that the request was approved, and I should see an update to the credit within 30 days. 

Excited to see the impact it has to my scores, but given this is a couple of years old may not be a huge bump. We'll take it though!!

5 REPLIES 5
MissLiz
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Recon SUCCESS

That's awesome! Congratulations on your AMEX GW success!

“A woman’s best protection is a little money of her own.” – Clare Boothe Luce
Message 2 of 6
tcolesz12
Contributor

Re: Amex Goodwill SUCCESS

Congrats on your success! I remember when AMEX called me I wa so excited! It was a smaller bump but hey it was one less baddie on my report and a bump is a bump. 

Message 3 of 6
keekers
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Recon SUCCESS

Congrats.

Message 4 of 6
mcp3ak
New Contributor

Anyway you could message me with the email address you used? I've looked on the forums for an address but can't seem to find it. Please and thanks!

Starting Score: TU 591 EQ 590 EX 614 (7/30/17)
Current Score: TU 661 EQ 650 EX 675 (1/1/18)
Goal Score: TU 700 EQ 700 EX 700

Message 5 of 6
sjt
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

How many late payments and how old were they?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.