Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best credit repair company?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best credit repair company?

I see alot of top comoanies listed but it seems as if they are ads and paid for promotions do any sites actual have real reviews on the best credit repair companies to sign up with

Thank you
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best credit repair company?

MyFico doesn't allow such recommendations to be given PLUS you can save your money and do the work yourself anyhow. Check out the Rebuilding forum.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks m, yes i do not have the time to do it thats why i asked
Message 3 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You are going to have a very difficult time repairing anything unless you're willing to put in time and effort yourself.
As far as 'those companies' go, it really does not matter which one you pick. All are equally scam(ish).

Good luck, tho!
Message 4 of 9
wallacecody25
New Contributor

I joined as a suggestion from a mortgage broker...it was very scamish sounding when I originally called, but I reluctantly joined. They sent one verification of debt to an old debt of mine, that woke a sleeping giant. A waste of $100. Save yourself some money and read the forums.

Message 5 of 9
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

All those credit repair companies say that can fix your credit in 6 months or more and people on here have gotten things taken care of in a month. My mom in the end I feel she going to pay for the full debt maybe not to the collectors but definitely to the company she is working with.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 6 of 9
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks m, yes i do not have the time to do it thats why i asked

If you have time to register and post a question on this forum, I’m sure you will have the time to learn and repair your credit without a credit repair agency.  Take a little time every day and peruse the forum.  You could call Myfico it’s own credit repair forum.  There had been hundreds of post that give great examples on how one should start their credit journey.  Btw, that’s how I started. 

Business Cards
Message 7 of 9
credit2019
New Contributor

I've spent about $160 with a company I guess I'm not allowed to name here, I don't know if people on the forum are protecting the company at issue or what, but whatever.  I won't mention the name I guess.  You can PM me for it.

Anyway, I was charged $100 up front plus they make you sign up for Credit Mojo at $20/mo, probably so they can get the affiliate commission from that.  We are over 2 months in, and the only thing that has changed on my credit at this point is that they screwed something up so that I can't freeze my credit file at Experian online anymore.  I have to do it through snail mail.  That's all they've accomplished, as the responses I am getting for the disputes they have filed are identical to the ones I was getting when I was filing disputes on my own.

Message 8 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As it would be a credit repair violation for anyone to advocate that someone use a certain repair agency this thread is being closed to further comments. OP if you wish help in doing it yourself you are free to start a thread asking for whatever help you need. Thanks for your understanding on this.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.