Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bright House (spectrum) and Waypoint Resource Group collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bright House (spectrum) and Waypoint Resource Group collection

Hello everyone, I recently applied for a mortgage and was notified my credit score was poor due to a 100$ collection reported by Waypoint Resource Group, the original creditor being Bright House (now Spectrum). I have no knowledge of this debt although I did have Bright House cable about 5 years ago. I contacted Spectrum and asked them if they could provide a past bill or some evidence that this debt was accurate so I could validate it as mine or an error. They could not provide this information. 

I am reaching out for suggestions on what to do next... my end goal is to have the collection completely removed. 117$ is not worth fussing over but I have read Waypoint does not do PFD

should I: A) dispute the debt since they cannot provide evidence of the debt?
B) contact Waypoint and test my luck with PFD?

C) pay the debt in full and try and use a goodwill saturation or just hope the debt is removed. I did read a few boards saying if you dispute a collection with WRG after you've paid in full, they will just have it removed. Anyone have any luck with that?

thank you in advance!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Bright House (spectrum) and Waypoint Resource Group collection

I live in the BH/Overpriced Spectrum area. I never say dispute. But BH was sold to Spectrum and just maybe when the CRA tries to investigate the collections. No one is home. Its a long shot. But just maybe it might work? Toss up.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't recall ever forgetting to pay the bill then dispute with the CRA. If you had defaulted on it Spectrum should have something in their system about it. The other option is to send a validation letter to the collection agency letting them know you never received notice of their possession of this alleged debt and want validation of it in the form of a past due bill and transaction history on the account. Both will result in a deletion if neither can provide this information to you. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a collection from waypoint via brighthouse as well.  I asked the rep about a PFD and they stated they couldn't make a promise to delete. Rep also stated that though he couldn't make a promise to delete,  in so many words advices me to pay then wait until payment clears and then dispute the collection.  I paid waited 10 days and item was deleted. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cocoj

cant thank you enough. Saw your post a few days ago saying the same thing about paying then disputing and I followed your advice -- got experian and Transunion deleted within a few hours and I'm just waiting on Equifax now. Thank you so much

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem my friend,  that's what we are here for to help each other.  Glad things worked out for you.  Keep us posted! 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. How exactly did you dispute it?

A relative of mine has a collection with waypoint that he paid but wants to get rid of, It was just over $100.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I first paid the outstanding balance thru waypoint resource groups website. 

after that I went to each of the  credit reporting agencies (experian, transunion and equifax) and disputed there. 

all three agencies removed derogatory marks were removed within a few days after disputing. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What would be chosen and typed in? TIA Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 3.05.44 PM.png

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.