cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BrightWay Mastercard from OneMain

tag
mckbulldog02

Re: BrightWay Mastercard from OneMain

I have the Brighway + Card. I got it right from the start. I got a $3,000 limit with no Annual Fee. My FICO is 733. I have no derogatory credit. No collections, and no late or missed payments. They pulled Experian 

Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

...!!!!SCAM ALERT!!!!...

Absolutely trash card, I was invited thru Experian app and Credit Karma and was invited for the brightway+ but received the brightway.

When I received the card it was already activated and there was a fraud block on the card.

Received multiple **Modcut - please do not post profanity** answers about the reason. month went by, still not able to use card and AF kicked in.

Called to talk to a manager and after 6 hours on the phone finally got someone claiming to be a manager.

Manager refused account closure due to "status of the card".

I got their lower employees to close it so it was just lies.

I am now sueing the company for damages and they have not cleared the annual fee.

They stole my money, negatively impacted my credit. 

No transactions had been made on the card and no remedy offered. 

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brightway is a great card. Yes it does come with a $65 annual fee, but only for the first two years. After that it automatically graduates to no AF. And every 6 months I get an automatic CLI. The app is easy to use, and I get 1% cashback on everything. I use it as a sock drawer back-up card. No way I'll be closing this card. It's a keeper.

Message 13 of 33
creditgnome
Regular Contributor

really helpful post. I just got this card but the $65 and 500 CL. hoping to get that brightway plus card like you mentioned. 

current credit score: 652/674
800 CL1000 CL1000 CL300 CL2000 CL2500 CL2000CL600CL1000CL1000CL500CL800CL2000CL300CL500CL500CL

Business Credit
3000CL1500CL4000CLno preset limit no preset limit 5000CL
1000CL1000CL2000CL 1000CL 200CL 2000CL1000CL2000CL
Message 14 of 33
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

I'm assuming this product is targeted toward builders or rebuilders? 

Based on the info posted on their website "We’re offering access to a limited number of cards right now, but will be expanding soon."

https://www.onemainfinancial.com/legal/brightway-rewards-terms-and-conditions

With it being back by Onemain  financial I would stay clear 🙄

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 15 of 33
vinblastine
Valued Member

I closed our 2 Brightway cards. Not a high limit and it seemed like they would never grow plus the AF. 

Message 16 of 33
ld75
New Visitor

Just curious. How much were your credit limit increases?  I'm about to hit my first 6 month mark and I'd like to know what to expect. Thank you. 

Message 17 of 33
Meshasakuralee
New Visitor

Hey I've had mine a few months now and it's been a while. What was the CLI like after 6mo of OTP? Just curious as well. 

Message 18 of 33
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Meshasakuralee wrote:

Hey I've had mine a few months now and it's been a while. What was the CLI like after 6mo of OTP? Just curious as well. 

Welcome @Meshasakuralee 

The member above posting when CLI's start after the timeframe is a nuked account. They're gone. When you see old threads. Click on the username. You'll see the last time they were here. You can always start your own thread. And then some just might answer your question.

Message 19 of 33
GreyvyTrain
New Contributor

Also coming here to get any insight on this card, as it was also suggested with Experian.

FICO SCORE 8 (4/19/24)

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.