cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA double reporting and verifying both!!!!

tag
JusCantWin

CA double reporting and verifying both!!!!

Long time reader first time poster. I can't figure out how to handle this one. I will give the history and somebody please tell me what else to do. I had a collection pop up from my doctors office for $60 dated 8/2004. I had remembered going to the doctor around that time as I do not go very much. I remembered them telling me I owed $60 more than the usual copay from prior visits. I did not question it and just paid them the money. Fast forward 3 years, collection pops up. I decided to just PFD the CA to kill it since it was so old and only $60. They responded by adding a second collection for the same account to my credit report and sending me a bill.(the first bill I EVER received for this) Now I'm pissed. So I call the doc's office. They sent me a letter stating their appologies and said the account was sent to collections 8/04 and I paid it 6/05 to them. They would contact the CA and tell them to stop the collection attempts. At the same time I disputed the accounts with the credit bureaus. I disputed the older one as "paid to OC 6/05" and the newer fraudulant one as "not mine", I believe. The CA verified BOTH accounts and is marking them BOTH as paid. How do I get atleast one removed??!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CA double reporting and verifying both!!!!

I'm in that same boat...EX is reporting an account twice...both are being reported as paid...it was in dispute for the last month...the last date of the dispute was the 8th...nothing off...so I guess they are not removing it...it's EX fault...the companies on report once...so if the duplicate it...it's on them...I think they duplicated mine because one account number starts off from the first number and goes to the second to last number..and the other starts from the middle and goes all the way to the end...so it looks like two different account numbers...but the refuse to delete it...
Message 2 of 4
JusCantWin

That is the beautiful thing....the CA reported it under a completly different account number. They created a second account for the same debt.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.