cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA reporting 120 days late, but not really?

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CA reporting 120 days late, but not really?

How would the furnisher of information (debt collector) be responsible for "fixing" how another party has chosen to present information in a credit report they sell?

Message 11 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

How would the furnisher of information (debt collector) be responsible for "fixing" how another party has chosen to present information in a credit report they sell?

+1

I don't believe it is a "style" of reporting.  It is a commercial report.  That is why you need to look at your reports direct from the CRAs.  If it is on there like that, which it should not be, then there is a basis for a dispute.

Message 12 of 17
sphinx313
Established Contributor

They aren't. My actual "report" as I stated shows them with a tradeline and listing derogs instead of just listing a collection. Their reporting is correct on TU. It is not correct on EQ and I have no idea about EX.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue, a CA account description saids paid but in the current status it still shows "120+ days past due", i am very curious as of how this can be fixed.  Please do share your results from filing a claim with BBB Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Message 14 of 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@sphinx313 wrote:

They aren't. My actual "report" as I stated shows them with a tradeline and listing derogs instead of just listing a collection. Their reporting is correct on TU. It is not correct on EQ and I have no idea about EX.

Sounds like it could be an issue with the CRA and not the CAs reporting.  Have you contacted the CRA and asked them why it is in the accounts section and not in the collection. 

FICO would score it the same no matter where it is.

As for the currently 120 days past due, that isn't correct.  I understand they can report the delinquency as it was reported to them but once paid it should show was 120 days past due or worst delinquency.

Message 15 of 17
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1 with it more than likely being a formatting issue.  I'm still not gung ho on the whole factoring company thing however.  If coded correctly, there wouldn't be a place for listing lates in the first place.

But like has been said before, I would want to see my actual report from the CRA.  If by chance it was reporting that way on it, I would then take action.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 16 of 17
TSB71
Established Member

I have this exact problem!  I actually just submitted a BBB.  Someone on another post told me they did that with LVNV Funding who reports the same way and they ended up getting it all deleted.  I figure its worth a shot.  Worst thing that came come from it (I hope) is accurate reporting.  I dont like it looking something Ive done in the past few years. 

Starting Score: 594
Current Score: 601
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.