Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Requests to reduce my UTL

tag
aynot4fitness
Contributor

CLI Requests to reduce my UTL

I'm shooting to get my overall UTL down to 10% from 38%. I've been aggressively paying down balances and requesting a CLI from banks that do soft pulls to help a little. I think my results were interesting:

Capital One

C1 us usually reliable, but I applied for a CLI on all 3 of my cards with no luck. The response was "Based on your credit lines with Capital One, your credit score isn't high enough for an increase." I assume they considered the bank's overall credit exposure in my accounts. I haven't seen this response before. I'll apply again in 6 months.

On the same day that applied for the CLIs, while waiting for the reason I didn't get an immediate CLI, I applied for a Spark Business card. I expected a SP, but they did a HP from EXP and TU before approving me online for $5K. This is interesting considering the reason for the CLI denials. The Spark card doesn't help my personal UTL since C1 stopped personal reporting for business cards.

NFCU Cash Rewards

I've gotten mixed messages on whether NFCU does a HP or not, so I decided to leave it alone. The current CL is plenty generous anyway.

Chase

I can't find a link on th Chase app or web site to request a CLI. Plus last time I called for one, it was approved but they did a HP. Leaving it alone.

Discover

Funny coincidence. Before I could apply to DISCO, they gave me an auto CLI from $8,700 to $11,700.

Synchrony Amazon

Requested a CLI from $2,900 to $6,000 and was approved online.

Synchrony PayPal Credit

Requested a CLI from $4,550 to $10,000 and was denied. I'm waiting for the letter to learn why.

Citi Best Buy

Got an auto CLI from $1,000 to $1,500 back in June. I'll wait until 6 months is up before requesting one. Plus, I'm not sure whether Citi will do a HP or SP for a requested CLI.

Personal

Business

:
:
1 REPLY 1
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: CLI Requests to reduce my UTL

Keep doing what your doing. Cap1 is stingy lately. Some celebrate with $100 CLI. The big banks will HP you. Disco you can hit at anytime. If its been a while. Tap the luv button. NFCU is usually a SP and they use an internal score more than FICO. Sync may have had you hit the brakes after the first CLI. Or you got lets say greedy on PayPal? LOL!!!!!!! I'll bet Citi will HP. Eventually it will all come down. Time goes by fast. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.