Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from Cap one EO

tag
abzze
Valued Member

Call from Cap one EO

I sent an email yesterday to cap one to GW 3 30 day lates all more than 3 years late. Had also sent them a snail mail last week.

Got a call from EO's office. The guy asked me reasons why it was late - I said I had just paid off my student loan and wasn't making a lot of money.

He said we will look into it, gave me a case number a d phone to call if I had any questions.

He said it might take some time, but we are looking into it.

I have seen here on this forum a lot of people got similar calls but cap one didn't delete anything.

Question is should I carry on with my crusade of letters/ Backdoor phone calls/emails or sit quite for a little while?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Call from Cap one EO

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you've made more progress than I've read because I've seen a lot that Capital One doesn't change things but on the other hand I've heard either.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 9
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

I received the same phone call and letter last year around June . But cap1 denied removing my 3 lates from 2012. Good luck though 

Starting Score: Eq 485 TU 467 Ex 400 BK filed Dec 2016
Current Score: Eq 723 TU 665 Ex 682
Goal Score: 700 All 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
abzze
Valued Member

Thanks for the replies. 

I guess I'll wait a week and start pinging them again.

Message 4 of 9
John060675
Valued Contributor

Hmmm........I have found Capital One to be always more than accommodating. I had an old account that was charged off from years ago, and they removed it early for me. I find it hard to believe they will not remove a couple 30 day lates. Keep at it. What do you have to lose?

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

John060675,

Would you share details about how Cap One removed your CO early? How early? Who/how did you contact? Thank you.

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 6 of 9
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

I got the call from EO of Capital One the day after emailing the CEO. They were very nice, but wouldn't do anything at all. One positive note for you is that they didn't cut you down immediately, they promised to look into it. That's more than many of us have gotten. Still, I've heard successes can happen with them, but are relatively rare. 

I had the same question as you -- when shot down from the top, is there a next move. People encouraged me to eventually try again. Some said in a month or so, some in three months. I was planning on waiting a couple of months & reaching out again. But, then, about one week later, I was reaching out to Citi on Twitter and I saw the Capital One Twitter account. I thought, what the heck ... I'll just make an inquiry. The social media team were fairly encouraging and had set up a call with me the same afternoon. But, when they looked at my file, they canceled the call and said they'd get back to me in a couple of days after checking with the management group. I thought the CEO interaction might not be documented, but it was. Two days later, I got a call from the SAME lady in the executive offices. I haven't had a chance to talk to her again, but it doesn't really bode well, since she was ademant there was NOTHING they could do for me.

Citi, on the other hand, did promise to put in a "request" for adjustment to my payment history. I don't know the outcome yet, but it almost makes me wish I had started lower on the totem pole at Capital One and worked my way up, instead of the other way around. Anyway, that's what I can report about my Capital One experience. I wish you luck. Do report back to us when you hear more. We want to know how it goes.

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 7 of 9
abzze
Valued Member

@John060675 wrote:
Hmmm........I have found Capital One to be always more than accommodating. I had an old account that was charged off from years ago, and they removed it early for me. I find it hard to believe they will not remove a couple 30 day lates. Keep at it. What do you have to lose?

I would also like to know how you went about GW'ing. Did you call/email/or sent a letter? Who did you contact and how.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Message 8 of 9
abzze
Valued Member

I am thinking if I open a checking account with capital one and do direct deposit to it, my chances of getting a GW will increase. Thoughts?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.