Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 cards, should i?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 cards, should i?

I'm am authorized user on someone's credit card, my scores do not reflect my credit profile at all
Message 51 of 55
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Sham you keep throwing that out there, but if in fact all you have on your credit report is what you listed in your very first post to the forum, the AU accounts only put you on the board. I would take the chance on saying with that little debt compared to others, you'd have a descent score. You've gained great ground. Is it safe to say you've taken care of most not all your debt? Yeah, your AAofA will definitely drop off you lose the AU card. I'm sure if you do, your scores are not as nearly as bad as you think!

Message 52 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Most important is how much you make a year and how much you spend. Not much point to pay AF on a credit card if you hardly run through it. Like for myself I know I run at least 4000/month through my credit card. Now I mainly use my capital one card. Actually I just called capital one and I can upgrade my platinum to a QS but credit department not open so gotta call back tomorrow. Hope I can get an increase on it too.

Running 48k/year through a cap1 plat?     <blink>    <blink>

I would go straight for Venture if you're going to use that spend on a single card at Cap1

QS 48k = $720 per year 

Venture 48k = $960 first year, $900 after first year 

of course PC'ing, you will lose the bonuses

I tried for a venture card. They didn't approve me. Too many recent account with capital one. My 2 new card with them is platinum 2000 limit (upgraded to QS) and QS1 3000 limit. They been open for 2 almost 3 months now. I have a chase freedom and Barclay but still prefer to use capital one cause they helped me while I rebuild. Freedom is at 8400 now started at 2500 about 2 months or so ago. Used the chase freedom a lot in December cause they have the 10% back for Amazon purchase. Every month I'll run all my cards at least once beside the credit one card. Barclay limit is only 1000 and they won't even consider increase until 3 months later to build relationship ( I ran about 2000 through it and paid it off with a 87 bucks balance showing). Yea even with my score being in the 650-690 I still can't get any card. Places I trying to apply at saying I have too many recent new accounts. I'll be back and go app spree in June of 2016

Message 53 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@elim wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Most important is how much you make a year and how much you spend. Not much point to pay AF on a credit card if you hardly run through it. Like for myself I know I run at least 4000/month through my credit card. Now I mainly use my capital one card. Actually I just called capital one and I can upgrade my platinum to a QS but credit department not open so gotta call back tomorrow. Hope I can get an increase on it too.

Running 48k/year through a cap1 plat?     <blink>    <blink>

I would go straight for Venture if you're going to use that spend on a single card at Cap1

QS 48k = $720 per year 

Venture 48k = $960 first year, $900 after first year 

of course PC'ing, you will lose the bonuses

Key word is Travel. To get that $900 you have to redeem it on travel expenses. QS is straight up cash back. If you don't travel enough to take advantage of it, the QS is better.

Yassssssss.  Get the 1.5% QS. Garden. Get a 5% Cashback card.  Use the 5% for category spend, 1.5% on everything else. $

Yea I don't travel much at all. Haha that's what I'm trying to do. I can't get crap now. Tried discover, Amex, Citibank, Walmart and capital one all didn't work so I just stop. Now will garden. I did got my capital one platinum upgraded to QS today but no CL increase so I'll just garden

Message 54 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have enough 6 months worth of on time payments, I wouldnt generate a score with our the AU. And yes I have no debt. I have one paid collection on the report with the highest score
Message 55 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.