Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Advice

tag
mojo_ny
New Contributor

Capital One Advice

I have an old account that was opened in 2001 and probably was in a late /bad state by 2003. I paid a CA that bought the account in 2009 in full. My report shows the First Date of Deliquincy as sometime in 2008. I know this is wrong. I asked for my statements from 2001-present. They said they cannot look them up. Should I start a DV with the Bureus?> I am afraid they will state they are reporting correctly since they cant produce the old statement (prior to 2006) What should I do?

Starting Score: 603 - EQ, 534 - TU, 669 - EX FAKO
Current Score: 647- EQ, 534 - TU,669 - EX FAKO, 674 TU FAKO
Goal Score: 700 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Capital One Advice

Who did you ask for statements?  Have you tried the OC?

Do you have any old CRs, statements, bank statements, anything?

DV are not for the CRA but the CA.

Message 2 of 6
mojo_ny
New Contributor

I asked the oc . they claim their records only go back to 2006 which I find hard to believe. They claim only the ca can update the credit report since they now own the debt. But I want the incorrect dofd in the capital one entry corrected to it will fall off.

Message 3 of 6
LordAthens
Established Member

Capital One likely does not have any of your records, at all.  They all were transfered to the JDB when Capital One charged off your account.  The same exact thing happened to my fiance.  The only record that Capital One has of her is from her Captial One 360 account (formerly ING Direct) and her as an AU on my card.

Has the CA/JDB reported on your account?  If not, and all you are worried about is Capital One's tradeline, start the dispute process with the CRA's.  Since Capital One won't be able to validate any information to them, the CRA's should ultimately delete the information. 

Starting Score:05/04/13 SW EQ607, SW TU672, PSECU EX xxx
Lender Pulls 04/24/13; EQ597, TU641, EX662
Current Score: 05/14/2013 SW EQ 643
Goal Score: 760's across the board would be nice, but I realistically won't "let it go" until I hit 800's

Message 4 of 6
LordAthens
Established Member

Also, if you have any statements showing when you stopped paying, dig them out, it will help when disputing to the CRA's.

Starting Score:05/04/13 SW EQ607, SW TU672, PSECU EX xxx
Lender Pulls 04/24/13; EQ597, TU641, EX662
Current Score: 05/14/2013 SW EQ 643
Goal Score: 760's across the board would be nice, but I realistically won't "let it go" until I hit 800's

Message 5 of 6
mojo_ny
New Contributor

The CA is reporting. But I have paid it in full so plan on GWing that or hopefully disputing it until its off. I am afraid If I dispute with the CRA's that capital one will just verify it as valid and not be required to provide the old records.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.