Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Goodwill Success!! UPDATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Goodwill Success!!

@ChicagoZL wrote:

She said it could take at least 30 days or more. Just antsy as I had a 30 and 60 day late with them 2 30s and 1 60. My only baddies so getting them removed should give me a decent bump. Scores recovering as I've crossed 2 usage thresholds. Aggregate still at 55% and steadily declining. Of my 6 cards I've got 3 down to 0. 

After these cap one lates I only have one from chase in 2/20 and one from kohl's 5/19. I would hope that I'll see a score increase as well. I did notice that neither of my cap one cards have updated yet this month. May just be behind?

Message 41 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS! I've been stalking, reading posts, and learning. In reading these posts Capital One is not known for their GW approvals. So pleaseee, can you share with me to whom was the GW letter sent. I have a 2x-60 day late back in 2016 I would love removed from my baddie list.

Message 42 of 279
Lostinthegame
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS! I've been stalking, reading posts, and learning. In reading these posts Capital One is not known for their GW approvals. So pleaseee, can you share with me to whom was the GW letter sent. I have a 2x-60 day late back in 2016 I would love removed from my baddie list.

@Not2Late2Start check ceo email . com and you will see the email address he used

@Anonymous congrats! I've been trying to get them to help for 2 years now. Sent you a message. 

I'm wondering if they'd help if I drop the word "covid" in my next email.

Goal cards:
Message 43 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, I am so excited right now! I just got off the phone with capital one an they are removing a 30 day and 60 day late from my credit report! I sent off a goodwill email last week and then again today. Both to the same email.  I am so thrilled! There's definitely hope with Capital One!

Could I also get the email you sent the goodwill to? I have a couple from 2015 I would love to have removed if at all possible!

Message 44 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous @Cjethompson2017 can I please get that email address in a PM, too? I want to try the same and I am not sure what email to use for best results. 

Message 45 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Congrats on the GW success!!!!! Would you mind sharing the email address you used? I've been snail mailing it to no avail.... 

Message 46 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! Did you see the change in your report yet? This waiting game sucks! lol

Message 47 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello! Did you see the change in your report yet? This waiting game sucks! lol

Not yet, still waiting. They told me 30 days, but I'm prepared for it to be longer. 

Message 48 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome. Do you mind share the email you sent and email address sent. I'll love to try myself as I have a couple lates with them as well. Thanks in advance. 

Message 49 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow..I just called today 7/14/2020, and the Capital One rep told me "as much as I would like to honor your goodwill request, we arenot alllowed to respond to goodwill removal requests to remove late payments b/c it is against the law." Maybe I shouldsend an email to the CEO? Please let me know what you think.

Message 50 of 279
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.