Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One late payment removals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One late payment removals

Hello , I am new to this forum and hope to gain some knowledge. I currently have four 30 day late payments and two 60 day late payments between two capital one cards. Has anybody had any luck luck getting late payments removed with them. They are all over 3 years ago. Open to any suggestions as well. Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One late payment removals

It used to be almost impossible, but some people have found success in recent months. You can send a GW letter to the CEO email.

You can find that with a quick Google search. Someone should reach out in a few days.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I'm sending out some dispute letters tomorrow via certified mail. I will definitely look into it if this doesn't workout 

Message 3 of 7
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Don't dispute valid lates. They will come back as verified. Potentially dinging scores further.

The best bet is a GW campaign with lenders. They won't all be successful, but many are.

Good luck! Welcome to the forums. Search the Rebuild section for mor on Goodwill letters.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you I really appreciate it. And am looking forward to see what else these forums have to offer

Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

With Cap-1 the older the lates the better the chance of a GW removal, especially in the last year it can report. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I appreciate the response. I will definitely be writing letters to Capital One executives and CEO. Stay safe 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.