cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one card restricted and closed SUCCESS REOPENING IT!!!

Ap100
Established Member

Capital one card restricted and closed SUCCESS REOPENING IT!!!

I have a cap1 quicksilver one in credit steps. Only a 400 limit but I put through about 2k a month. Reading the forum, I use it hard and make multiple payments per month. I have never been late on this or any of my other cards. I did have 3 return payments which caused them to close my account. These payments were corrected by going to a branch and making the payment with cash the day the return notice from my bank appeared. On these three occasions another payment came out of my account and I didn’t have enough in the account to cover it. But like I said, immediately, they were rectified. I called cap1 and the rep said nothing could be done about it. I asked for a manager and then I spoke with him. He said he didn’t have the ability to RE open it but he can submit a request for me. I explained to him how I may have been a little over ambitious trying to build my credit and had these hiccups which I fixed ASAP. He said he sees everything I mentioned. Today a case manager contacted me about the request he put in and she asked me a few questions about my income, employment, and housing status. Also read a few disclaimers. She asked to do a soft inquiry and said she will get back to me after speaking to the underwriting department. She came back and said everything looks fine in my credit and they reopened my account. I just wanted to post this here in case anyone feels they can’t do anything about this. Let me also add that my score right now is 70 points lower than when I had applied for the account due to high usage and this account being reported As closed. Hoping it shoots back up when it reports as open. But not one late payment. I was nervous they would deny it for that reason. I was at 610 when I applied and now at 538. Big difference. I usually keep a zero balance and when this happened I sort of lost hope with climbing higher anytime soon but still never missed. I only paid 100 more than the minimum due. I hope this info helps someone. I’m so happy and hope is regained. Time to pay these balances down and get back up to where I was before. (If my spelling is off I’m sorry I’m on my phone and texting sucks)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ScooterMcDoodlebutt
Established Contributor

Re: Capital one card restricted and closed SUCCESS REOPENING IT!!!

Congrats on your success with Cap1. Mine is restricted but reporting as current. Once I get it paid off in a few months I will start with the GW to see if they will re-open. It's my oldest card at 4+ yrs, so I am hoping to keep it.

Message 2 of 3
Ap100
Established Member

Re: Capital one card restricted and closed SUCCESS REOPENING IT!!!

They reopened mine with 391 balance out of 400. You may have a shot depending how long it’s been restricted for. I had a message on my VM prior to speaking to the rep that it’s time sensitive and If I didn’t speak to her by today then it would be permanently closed. Maybe try it?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.