Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Accounts

I have paid off three collection accounts this past year and I am trying to get my credit score up. How do I know when the three accounts will be taken off my credit report? I have heard that you can pay to have them taken off your report if they are paid off? How does this usually work and how much does this usually cost?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Accounts

If they are already paid..how can you pay to get them off...I have heard that is you settled...you might can offer to pay the remaining balance...in exchange for deletion...but you might just want to start send GW letters...who are the CA's???...
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are Barclay's Bank Delaware, Capital One and HSBC. They were all sent to different collection companies not associated with the original creditor when I paid them off. What are GW's and how do those work. Will they get these collection accounts off my credit report since they were paid in full?

Also, I am scheduled to pay another collection off at the end of this month, should I negotiate to have them take it off my credit report permately if I pay in full?

Thank You
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Were these account reported by both the OC and the CA...if so these are not collections....they are charge offs...any they show a zero balance because they were sold to CA's...for personal experience HSBC is NOT going to delete...and from previous posts...Capital One is not going to delete...I have not heard of the other company...you can write Goodwill letter...basically they are letter...BEGGING for removal of the TL...or removal of lates...GOOD LUCK!!!...but it seems like YOUR SUCK...SORRY!!!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.