Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comcast Collection

tag
kklblue5
Established Member

Comcast Collection

I had a comcast account go to collections bad move on my part.  Issues will forwarding mail to a post office box.   I should have followed up better.  

It appeared on Experian today and I immediately contacted Comcast and paid it in full.  Comcast told me that it takes about 30 days and it would be removed from my credit report completely.

Does that sound right?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comcast Collection

Yes those collections and from my experience will come off just like they.

Message 2 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There are two separate considerations.

Yes, it may be "right" in the sense that Comcast may be able to get the debt collector to voluntarily delete,  so it might be deleted.

No, the debt collector has no legal obligation to delete reporting of their collection based on payment of the debt directly to the creditor.

In fact, CRA reporting policy instructs them not to delete their collection based on payment of the debt.

Message 3 of 12
kklblue5
Established Member

Got my answer,  it was changed to a "paid collection".  UGH.  I knew Comcat was blowing smoke up my $*%.

I suppose a goodwill letter to the company or possible dispute?

Message 4 of 12
rbentley
Established Contributor

What is the collection company?  If it is ERC, which Comcast has used a lot, they are netorious for validating debts and not being open to GW deletions.  Best of luck.  Update us on your progress.

Message 5 of 12
kklblue5
Established Member

Diversified Adjustments is the collection company.    Would sending a goodwill letter to Comcast do any good?  

Anybody work with Diversified before.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had sprint collection with them and all I did was dispute with CB and Diversified to send me original statements showing my BAL
Message 7 of 12
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Do not dispute this. It is not inaccurate information that the CA is reporting so, your dispute will comeback verified.
Just GW them using BrutalBodyShots Saturation Technique to every address you can find and email you can search on the internet, especially, upper food chain and CEO.
Disputing this entry could automatically result in ignoring your GW deletion request. Just look before you leap. Your choice.

Good Luck!

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 8 of 12
egghead88
Regular Contributor

I had a very similar experience. I moved but thought the only thing I owe Comcast was their equipment. I didn’t forward my mail.. long story. Anyways fast forward about 16 months, I’m on the phone w/ Diversified consultants resolving a past due Verizon bill and he stated that I had another acct w/ them from Comcast. I paid it immediately.

I disputed it with the CRAs and it called back verified. I then filed a CFPB complaint against Comcast and diversified. Two weeks later I get this very pleasant letter from VP of diversified consultants stating that they attempt to contact me several times concerning this debt, but there wasnt a forwarding address... etc. she stated the she instructed the CRAs to delete this collection from my credit file.

You can go the GW route, but from post on this forum diversified consultants are a hard nut to crack or you can try disputing it all the way to the CFPB. Good luck.
Message 9 of 12
UpUpUpwards

I had a Comcast collection with Convergent Outsourcing. I disputed it on all three reports back in 2016 and it was removed from TU. I finally was able to pay the account last month. I paid Comcast directly and asked when I paid if it would be removed. The guy said it would but he didn't really seem to know what he was talking about so I didn't have much faith. I disputed with EX and EQ. Convergent said it was valid but updated it to $0. I submitted a Comcast complaint to BBB yesterday and today I had a voicemail and email from the corporate escalations office. The email said: 

"Thank you for contacting our Executive Office with your Comcast related concerns.  We would like the opportunity to resolve your issues as quickly as possible however I was unable to reach you by phone." 

I haven't had a chance to get back in touch with him yet but it seems like this may do the trick. I've gone the BBB route before and had success. I'll update when I get a confirmation. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.