Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convergent Outsourcing -Cox Cable paying for delete

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Convergent Outsourcing -Cox Cable paying for delete

So here's my situation.

My credit report dinged me this past Saturday (Sept 15, 2018) about owing $149 to Cox Communications for an unpaid internet service bill from 2013. It seems convergent acquired the debt and is reporting on it. I'm hoping to pay for a delete. What would be the best approach here?

Pay the original creditor, in this case COX, directly for the $149 which I am more than glad to and then talk to Convergent Outsourcing about getting them to delete the collection on my report or dealing with Convergent Outsourcing directly?

Anyway, this is what it shows on my Equifax report:

Date Reported: Sep 15, 2018
Collection Agency CONVERGENT OUTSOURCING
INC
Balance Date Sep 15, 2018

Original Creditor Name COX COMMUNICATIONS

Account Designator Code INDIVIDUAL_ACCOUNT
Date Assigned Jan 30, 2018

Account Number xxxxxx xx
Original Amount Owed $149

Creditor Classification Cable or Cellular
Amount $149

Last Payment Date
Status Date
Sep 15, 2018

Date of First Delinquency Aug 12, 2013
Status UNPAID

Comments

Contact
CONVERGENT OUTSOURCING INC
800 SW 39TH ST
RENTON, WA 98057-4975
1-888-871-2279

5 REPLIES 5
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: Convergent Outsourcing -Cox Cable paying for delete

You could contact Cox and confirm they still own the debt. Ask if they’ll accept PIF if they recall the collection authority from Convergent? If they won’t accept payment and direct you to deal with Convergent only, then(if the debt is accurate) offer a PFD to Convergent. Once it’s out of SOL there is a good chance they may agree...What is the SOL in your state? Be sure you get everything in writing. YMMV

Hope that helps?
You can also search Convergent in the search bar for PFD success stories to get an idea whether they do or don’t accept PFD.

Good Luck! Keep us posted on the outcome.

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 2 of 6
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Also to add: if you are successful with PFD with Convergent(?) then you would start a GW campaign to Cox to try and have it removed. You can search on here for GW Saturation Technique. YMMV

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800

>

I❤️NY
Message 3 of 6
Civil
Regular Contributor

I am in the same situation with JCP for $719 CO. Convergent is the 3rd party and JCP still owns it and JCP will send me to convergent and will not do a PFD and they can’t do a PFD because JCP is the one reporting on my reporting. I just paid them and I will take it up with JCP to see if they can do a goodwill and take the lates off or the account

Message 4 of 6
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Contact cox cable. If they still own the debt work with then and ask them to relay to convergent to remove it from your reports.
Message 5 of 6
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

just Remember, the asking of such is STRICTLY voluntary and doesn’t mean they will. The CA can still report the collection and update it as paid $0 bal. which will stop the monthly reporting and begin to age.
FYI: Just want to clarify that so no one gets confused. It’s no guarantee that either OC or CA will agree to anything other than a PIF to satisfy the debt.

>

I❤️NY
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.