cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credence Resource Management (ATT CHARGE OFF)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credence Resource Management (ATT CHARGE OFF)

Good morning,

Maybe some of you guys can give me some advice on what I need to do next. Had an account with ATT ended up getting charged off $300 to Credence. I received a letter from them in the mail. I sent a certified letter back stating it was not my debt and I will be willing to pay it in full for not reporting to any credit bureaus. They company never responded to my letter that I had sent back in January of this year 2021. The phone has never rang since then till this week 4/26 and the calls have started back up again. My question is are they allowed to continue to call me or are they in violation for not responding to my letter? where do i proceed from here?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

Re: Credence Resource Management (ATT CHARGE OFF)

If it's not your debt why would you pay in exchange for not reporting? I was contacted by them due to someone fraudulently opening att mobile acct with my social. They removed it quickly after calling them, not claiming it was mine, but getting more information. Maybe reach out to ATT to make full payment if it is your debt. Good luck. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it is my debt but ive always been told to never admit its yours

Message 3 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

What violation? There's no legal requirement for them to respond to your letter. You can just send another or try calling and negotiating over the phone with them.

Alternatively, you can try contacting ATT and ask them to recall the debt. If they do, then Credence would have to delete their collection, and you could then pay ATT directly.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds as if they have not yet reported it to the CRAs. If so, they will agree to not report it, if you PIF only. I called both AT&T and Credence about a week after receipt of the letter. In my case, AT&T would not recall it but YMMV. If it's already on your reports, I am not sure if they'll remove it in exchange for PIF. You should call both to see your options. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.