Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Rebuilding Plan – Please Sanity Check me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Rebuilding Plan – Please Sanity Check me

Hey Everyone,

Can you all please take a look at the plan I formulated and tell me if I’m overthinking it, underthinking it or worse not thinking at all lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Current Credit State

Credit Scores from myFICO (FICO 8) Equifax: 577 – TransUnion: 600 – Experian: 568

Last Late Payment: 3 Years 6 Months ago

Revolving Utilization: 103%

AAoA: 8 Years 2 Months

AoOA: 20 Years 5 Months

Late payment 30+ and 60+: 10 Accounts

Inquiries: 1 for each CRA

Judgments: Both Discover accounts and American Express Account

Foreclosure: 2016 and received a 1099 for the difference

Open Accounts

Name

Type

Balance

Limit

CREDIT ONE BANK

Credit Card

$0.00

$800.00

MISSION LANE TAB BANK

Credit Card

$0.00

$1,150.00

CAPITAL ONE BANK

Credit Card

$153.00

$5,000.00

Closed Accounts in Good Standing (sorted by when dropping off CR)

Name

Type

Drop Off CR

JPMCB

Credit Card

16 Years 8 Months

0 Years 10 Months

RBC

2nd

10 Years 8 Months

0 Years 10 Months

SETF/WOFC

Auto

12 Years 8 Months

1 Years 2 Months

JPMCB

Credit Card

20 Years 5 Months

3 Years 2 Months

SETF/WOFC

Auto

11 Years 4 Months

3 Years 9 Months

BARCLAYS BANK

Credit Card

6 Years 2 Months

4 Years 4 Months

Closed Accounts in Bad Standing (sorted by when dropping off CR)

Name

Type

Balance

Drop Off CR

CITICARDS

Credit Card

$0.00

0 Years 9 Months

PNC BANK

2nd Mortgage

$88,993.00

0 Years 10 Months

DISCOVER BANK

Credit Card

$8,094.00

0 Years 10 Months

JPMCB

Credit Card

$4,048.00

0 Years 10 Months

AMERICAN EXPRESS

Credit Card

$3,944.00

0 Years 11 Months

BANK OF AMERICA

Credit Card

$13,882.00

1 Years 1 Months

DISCOVER PERSONAL LOANS

Personal Loan

$20,243.00

1 Years 7 Months

FIRST PROGRESS CARD

Credit Card

$147.00

3 Years 5 Months

FIFTH THIRD BANK

1st Mortgage

$384,519.00

2 Years 5 Months

CAPITAL BANK

Credit Card

$1.00

3 Years 6 Months

Collections

Name

Amount

I.C. System, Inc

$111

Paragon Revenue Group

$2,117

Okay… I have to admit, this feels pretty weird putting all of this personal information out here lol

Steps – Completed

• Begin doing the AZEO method and looked when the cards update the CRAs
  • Received a judgment settlement letter from AMEX for 30% of the balance.
    1. I need to lookup what’s needed in the final offer letter

Steps - Planned

• Settle with AMEX for their offered amount
  • Send PFD letters to FIRST PROGRESS CARD and CAPITAL BANK (I can’t believe it was charged off for a $1!). If that doesn’t work then I’ll just pay them off.
  • Dispute the collections (they were the ex-wife’s accounts). If they won’t remove them, start down the HIPPA removal process
  • Start negotiations with Discover to settle judgments
  • Dispute the balance on FIFTH THIRD BANK mortgage. To my understanding the amount should be $0 since it was foreclosed and I was sent a 1099
  • Apply for SSL to replace the paid closed installment loans (since they will also drop off my CR)
  • Wait for majority of the accounts to fall of my report over the next year and a half

What do you all think? What am I missing or over doing?

Thanks already for the posts I’ve learned form and Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit Rebuilding Plan – Please Sanity Check me

Hi and welcome to the forums! 

Amex will take settlement 

Original creditors you listed First Premier and Capital do not remove their reporting. I dont think you'll have much luck there. Best you can do is pay/settle

Your wife's collections would not be on your CR. I dont know what the basis for your dispute would be. Unless we're talking about minor children, it wouldn't be on yours.

Whatever you're planning on doing with Discover, do it quickly. They WILL garnish your wages. If they already have judgement awarded, they are not going to be incentivized to go too low. You might want to get an attorney involved.

A lot of your accounts will drop off, but the ones that remain will keep your scores roughly around where they are right now, unless all of them are paid/settled.

Right now, with all the negatives ,SSL can wait. 

Good luck 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply and info Remedios!

I will request the DFP once from First Premier and Capital and if they say no then I'll just pay the balance.

The collection is my ex-wife’s portion of my son’s medical bill, I paid my half. I doubt the collection agency cares which parent truly owns the debt. I'm assuming the collection is on my CR because I provide the kids insurance. I was hoping to get it off of my report.

Discover has had the judgement for around 4 years. Lucky for me, I live in North Carolina and the state doesn't allow wage garnishing for most debt.

I was hoping to get all of the balances down to zero over the next year in a half. If the balances are zero and majority of the negative items are removed would my FICO score still stay about the same?

Message 3 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply and info Remedios!

I will request the DFP once from First Premier and Capital and if they say no then I'll just pay the balance.

The collection is my ex-wife’s portion of my son’s medical bill, I paid my half. I doubt the collection agency cares which parent truly owns the debt. I'm assuming the collection is on my CR because I provide the kids insurance. I was hoping to get it off of my report.

Discover has had the judgement for around 4 years. Lucky for me, I live in North Carolina and the state doesn't allow wage garnishing for most debt.

I was hoping to get all of the balances down to zero over the next year in a half. If the balances are zero and majority of the negative items are removed would my FICO score still stay about the same?

Collection would go on whomever is listed as "guarantor" 

So, if she put you, it's you, regardless of the fact you never signed anything.

Medical collections can be easier to remove than other types,  but that usually requires payment/settlement.

You should try and find out if that particular collection agency will delete upon payment. 

If all your collections and charge offs end up with 0 balances, there will be some score improvement over time.

I dont want to sound like negative Nancy but OC usually does not remove entire accounts. Collections removal is quite possible. 

It's best you start working on it, do what you can payment wise and dont overextend yourself. Stashing some cash can be a lifesaver. 

Message 4 of 5
sjt
Senior Contributor

I would settle the judgment first to stop any further collection method they might use such as garnishment.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.