Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report Cleanup-Why bother??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Report Cleanup-Why bother??

Ok, so I'm a little frustrated:

Honda is reporting a balance that should have gone 0iib. And is refusing to fix it. They are reporting it as a chargeoff (wrote off just before filing BK..how convenient!)

My auto loan which was reaffirmed, is now reporting '0IIB. Was reporting correctly 2 months ago.

Macy's credit card that was cancelled in the Bk are reporting paid and current.

A WF Credit card that I don't recognize held jointly with some dude I never heard of.

Address listed on my personal section for a PO box in Cleveland (never been there, much less why I would want to open a PO box there...) Then getting the message 'I can't fix it, it is an address that is being reported by a credit." Which creditor I can't find out either.

Tell me again why I have to keep fixing stuff time and time again???

Don't know what my scores are right now, probably really low right now. And as long as all of this stuff keeps poping up, I am going BK just paying for all of these reports to see the continuous errors.

Thanks all for letting me vent. Just tired of seeing errors continously.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Report Cleanup-Why bother??

Sorry you are going through that. Can't speak to the BK, but when I first started repair last year, seemed like for every step I took, I went 5 backwards. Began to question my sanity. It takes time. And feel free to vent again if you need to.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit repair can be very frustrating and stressful to deal with. When you find it is overwhelming you, take a few days off, don't deal with it. I promise, it'll be there when you get back.

On the BK questions.....I would suggest posting a message over on the BK forum to get help.

On the pesonal address........what report is this one? If it is on an EX report......look at your personal information section and look for the address verification number. Then go and look at your accounts listed. It will have a address verification number for each account. Find out what account is listing that address. It could be the creditor for the joint CC with the person you've never heard of.

If it is, I would file a ID theft affidavit and send it along with a letter to the CRA. Sample letters and lots of information regarding id theft can be found on the FTC's website.

Where are you getting your reports? During the repair process, I suggest you find a tri-bureau monitoring service for one low monthly fee. Unless you just need to know for some reason or curiousity gets the best of ya, I wouldn't bother paying for your FICO score, except maybe once a month or once a quarter.

There are some good monitoring programs out there. I have been using TrueCredit since I began, but recently checked out Chase ID Protection and think I like it better. It doesn't make me wait 24 hours +1 min to pull new reports.

Just ignore the scores that come with those products, they are FAKOs.

bk2008 wrote:

Ok, so I'm a little frustrated:

Honda is reporting a balance that should have gone 0iib. And is refusing to fix it. They are reporting it as a chargeoff (wrote off just before filing BK..how convenient!)

My auto loan which was reaffirmed, is now reporting '0IIB. Was reporting correctly 2 months ago.

Macy's credit card that was cancelled in the Bk are reporting paid and current.

A WF Credit card that I don't recognize held jointly with some dude I never heard of.

Address listed on my personal section for a PO box in Cleveland (never been there, much less why I would want to open a PO box there...) Then getting the message 'I can't fix it, it is an address that is being reported by a credit." Which creditor I can't find out either.

Tell me again why I have to keep fixing stuff time and time again???

Don't know what my scores are right now, probably really low right now. And as long as all of this stuff keeps poping up, I am going BK just paying for all of these reports to see the continuous errors.

Thanks all for letting me vent. Just tired of seeing errors continously.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the incorrect address........if it is not on the EX(EX report directly from EX) report you are seeing this, then you might try calling the CRA and asking them who is reporting this address.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is on Experian. Directly from them thru annualcreditreport.com.

No, I don't get my FICO's all of the time. I only pull reports every 2-3 months or so.

They're on my list to call today.

Thanks, all.Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

On a report directly from EX - they have address ID's on the TL's that match your addesses in the personal information section-

bk2008 wrote:
This is on Experian. Directly from them thru annualcreditreport.com.

No, I don't get my FICO's all of the time. I only pull reports every 2-3 months or so.

They're on my list to call today.

Thanks, all.Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.