Did you mean: 

DV'd Midland - Got this response!

tag
Veee
Frequent Contributor

DV'd Midland - Got this response!

verbatem ...

Dear Me

The purpose of this letter is to request your assistance so that we may reach a quick resolution to your dispute.

As part of our investigation of your dispute, it would be helpful to have a copy of any documentation you may have that supports your dispute.  In the interim, we have requested that the three major consumer credit reporting agencies change the status of this account to "Disputed."*

Please mail or fax cancelled checks, paid letters, police reports, or any other documentation you may have to support your claim to: (800) 306-4443 Attention: Consumer Relations.

We can be reached at (800) 825-8131 ext 2980, should you have any further questions.

Please understand this communication is from a debt collector.  This is an attempt to collect a debt.  Any information will be used for that purpose.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations

#

*Your credit report will not be updated if the federal reporting period has expired.

ok ... now what?

The history of this account ...

Received settlement letters from Midland beginning of 2008 (thought they would go away - haha)

Decided to get involved in my credit because I was deceased on all 3 CR's

Printed all 3 reports in 8/2008 from annual credit report . com

Found Midland reporting on all 3 along with OC reporting $0

Disputed both the CA and OC with all 3 CRA's before finding myfico

TU and EX came back verified 

Sent an OC investigation letter to the OC 9/24/08 (gc date) 30 days are up now no answer yet

EQ came back verified for the CA but the OC was deleted

Sent DV letters to Midland (TU & EX to one address and EQ to another)

EQ's DV was undeliverable "forwarding address expired"

TU & EX DV was delivered on 10/14/08

Filed complaint with BBB regarding Midland on 10/21/08

Signed that stupid form for Midland .... signed it funny so if that siggy shows up I'll know where it came from Smiley Happy this was done on 10/23/08

Received response back from Midland today 10/25/08 (above letter dated 10/16/08)

These people are really crazy!!

This is not my account and I will NEVER pay it!

So how do I respond back to idiots? Or what do I do with this now?

All advise is appreciated Smiley Happy

Veee

Myfico scores as of 11/12/08 TU 750 EX 722

MyFico scores as of 9/20/08 TU 638 EX 663 EQ 691
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV'd Midland - Got this response!

You don't have to provide ANY information.

What I would do in your place is to respond with the second DV letter (you can find them on this site) - basically, that their response failed so far to address your request made conformant to FDCPA 809 (b) [15 USC 1692g].

They have ignored your first one, and sometimes after 30dd from receipt, it should actually drop off the report. Sending the second DV would keep up the pressure and provide more ammunition for further complains or legal action.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you send the standard DV letter or a dispute letter?

Have you filed a police report or ID theft affidavit?

Is this account and the corresponding OC the only accounts on your reports that are not yours?

Message 3 of 14
Veee
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you send the standard DV letter or a dispute letter? standard DV letter sent to the CA - though I originally did my own style of dispute to the CRA's before myfico

Have you filed a police report or ID theft affidavit? I GIVE UP! I'm going all the way down there TODAY to file a report!  I just feel like this is such BS - the account isn't mine and if people verified properly I wouldn't have to go through this.

Is this account and the corresponding OC the only accounts on your reports that are not yours? Yes! Origianlly Cap One was on there too but being that they are the ones that brought it to my attention they did all the work themselves and deleted.  I have a letter from Cap One, from back in 2003 that I sent in with my dispute (not the DV) to the CRA's and it's not helping my case any.

At this point as aggrivated as I am, my next step is to an attorney ... forget the ITS!  There is way more then just "intent" at this point.

I'll have my **bleep** police report and when I get home I'll file with the FTC and AG, I've already filed with the BBB and signed that stupid form.  Someone, anyone has 10 days to remove it, within those 10 days I'll find an attorney and on the 11th day I'm filing ... any thoughts or anything else I can add to do before I file?

Thanks for your time all Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One was the OC for the Midland account? And Cap One has agreed that this isn't your account?

Or was Cap One a different situation all together?

Message 5 of 14
Veee
Frequent Contributor

WOW! that was fast!  WashinMUTlL/ Providian is the OC.  Apparently someone opened a Cap One and a Providian in my name in 2003.  The Cap One was the only one caught back then.  Cap One was the same situation (same time frame) but different account altogether. I hope you understand what I just said Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I understand.

I would go ahead and file a police report and ID theft affidavit and send it to the CRA and to Midland.

Message 7 of 14
Veee
Frequent Contributor

Ok, not that I want to but I'm going down there now to go file the police report.  Two counties away where I use to live at the time.

Thanks sidewinder - much appreciated!

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not just go to your local police station?

Message 9 of 14
Veee
Frequent Contributor

Well, I know what your going to say Smiley Sad  I wish I saw your comment before I left!

I called my local police and they told me they couldn't take it I had to go to the area where it happened.  When I got there the officer says "What did you come all the way down here for?"

I was then informed and she told me to call and complain to the Chief at my local police department because they never should have sent me down there.

Another situation on just plain old LAZY people.

Thanks for trying to steer me in the right direction!  It wasn't a wasted trip, my Dad lives down there so we visited for a while.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.