Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV-ed, no response. What now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV-ed, no response. What now?

I have one account that was under collections from Financial Management, and is now under BCR. I DVed both agencies over 30 days ago with certified mail and return receipts and have not received any information from either agency. So now do I go to each website (experian, transunion, and equifax) and dispute it? Also, I'm in a CSC area, does that make it worse and how? And if I was looking at experian's website, it doesn't look easy to attach documents to my dispute, do i have to mail them? I appreciate any help. I'd like to buy a house soon so the faster I can do this the better. Thanks!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV-ed, no response. What now?

Parks77 wrote:
I have one account that was under collections from Financial Management, and is now under BCR. I DVed both agencies over 30 days ago with certified mail and return receipts and have not received any information from either agency. So now do I go to each website (experian, transunion, and equifax) and dispute it? Also, I'm in a CSC area, does that make it worse and how? And if I was looking at experian's website, it doesn't look easy to attach documents to my dispute, do i have to mail them? I appreciate any help. I'd like to buy a house soon so the faster I can do this the better. Thanks!

I would mail all documents and written dispute to the CRA. You have to explain to the CRA what a DV is and that FDCPA allows for this, etc.

I would also file a complaint with the BBB at the same time. IMO, BBB helps greatly.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.