cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied from all the major secured cards.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied from all the major secured cards.

@Anonymous wrote:
one question that occurs to me is, did you by any chance burn the biggies when you had your credit problems in the past? Just because things have aged and been charged off doesn't mean the record isn't still in their system.

Well Chase hit me for some b.s. fees I disputed and we ended badly over a few bucks (less than 100 I refused to pay because of their error).  That was 2006

BOA and I ended over .17 cents they sent in collections when they bought out my bank and hit me with a fee that wiped out what I had in there (300) plus this .17 cents.  That was about 2008.

Never banked with anyone else.

Message 31 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If all your bad debt that has falling off your credit report...was from the major banks

such as chase, discover, citi, or what have you....it is possible that they will

keep your file forever and not extend any credit to you for ripping them off in the past.

Not much to do about it, but to not choose those banks and work with others.

Some will forgive and forget, but not sure which ones. other can chime in for specifics.

good luck!  best thing to do (which has been mentioned) is to study your reports

and figure where you stand.

I don't know.  I only have really dealt with BOA (through a buyout) and Chase.  Both sucked BIG BALLS.

Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:

Sounds like a few issues

Verififications - Check your credit reports   dispute inaccurate info / try to get info removed

Check your address etc..

pull your Lexis Nexis reports too as well as EWS and Chexsystems

Were your accounts ever CLOSED (Talking checking/savings/etc..) for FRAUD or even for thinking it was fraud?  insuance fraud?

DO you have mutliple JUDGEMENTS/Lawsuits pending or against you?    if so - you may need to claim bankrucpy first before they will approve even a secured card as mutliple judgements   they dont want the party with the judgement coming after the security deposit on the card...

Did the verifications because the homelessness thing messed me up on address reporting.

What's LExis Nexis?  I know I'm in ChexSystems because I worked a gig where the checks were flagged as payroll frequently wasn't funded right.

Nope.  Accounts were closed over disputes I felt were the fault of the bank trying to rob me with fees.

No judgements.  All that stuff has fallen off the CR.

Message 33 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Another possibility that occurs to me, and someone with more knowledge would need to chime in as to whether this is a possibility, but if your husband just recently had $250,000 charged off they may have some algorithm that is looking at the address combined with last name (to catch people who open accounts in their babies names/ssn or to link ones who use variations on their name like Robert, Bob, Bobby, and R.C. Johnson)

I'll look into that.  

Message 34 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thaitea007 wrote:
$541 for 8 years on a 3k car.. This dealership works for the devil. They should be shut down for even telling you that.

You think that's bad?  Try 281 bucks as the CHEAPEST I can find for insurance.

Message 35 of 37
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Thaitea007 wrote:
$541 for 8 years on a 3k car.. This dealership works for the devil. They should be shut down for even telling you that.

You think that's bad?  Try 281 bucks as the CHEAPEST I can find for insurance.

You should take a look at your TransUnion auto insurance scores. Thomas_Thumb gives step-by-step screenshot instructions for getting them on Credit Karma here. He's trying to gather data points in that thread so that he can figure out what factors impact the score.

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update folks.  Got denied from Fingerhut!

Couldn't believe it.  They said I didn't qualify based on their "criteria" and I've never had any dealings with them.

Starting to look like this digital revolution has me blackballed from using credit ever again.  Time to move from America!

I NEVER have these types of problems in Europe.

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.