cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derogatory description inaccurate - How can creditor correct without resetting the DOFD?

tag
tiff
Regular Contributor

Derogatory description inaccurate - How can creditor correct without resetting the DOFD?

I was wondering how I can have a creditor update an account they have incorrectly reported without resetting the DOFD.  Can this be done?  It's being reported as paid with Experian, but is listed as Derogatory with Equifax and Transunion. 

I paid the account in 5/2006.  They never updated.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Derogatory description inaccurate - How can creditor correct without resetting the DOFD?

tiff wrote:
I was wondering how I can have a creditor update an account they have incorrectly reported without resetting the DOFD.  Can this be done?  It's being reported as paid with Experian, but is listed as Derogatory with Equifax and Transunion. 

I paid the account in 5/2006.  They never updated.

They can update the account to report accurately without resetting the DOFD.

The DOLA may be changed and date reported.

Message 2 of 4
tiff
Regular Contributor

Re: Derogatory description inaccurate - How can creditor correct without resetting the DOFD?

Will this decrease my score?

i'm trying to find a way to correct this without lowering my score.
Message 3 of 4
tiff
Regular Contributor

....The DOLA may be changed and date reported.

Please explain...I'm not familiar with the process and I'm not quite sure if I understand you.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.