Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute 2nd Round

tag
Careless20sSmart30s
Established Member

Dispute 2nd Round

First off, I would like to thank everyone who contributes to this forum. I have gained alot of insight from this forum and intend on passing this knowledge down. 

Information so far:

- I've disputed online ( all 3 bureaus) (september, october, november)

- Found this forum and researched some tatics and found out about "how to correctly dispute"

- Mailed 609 letters last month 

- received update a few days ago that a charge off was updated but during teh first 3 disputes it was verified

- I took screenshots of the account, payment history, amounts listed during each dispute

- Each dispute (3 online)(1 mailed) infomortaion has changed ( payment history, date of first missed payment)

- This is for a repo so i also had a collection agency which i disputed and they removed the account, but i was able to get documentation from them during this. 

Information i received is as follows:

Date account opened: July 18,2012

Last payment date: 06/29/2015

First missed payment: 03/2015

Amount of the debt: $7221.66

Whats currently listed on my report is:

Date account opened: July 1,2012

Last payment date: 06/29/2015 (but its listed as a 60 day late)

First missed payment: and has changed from 03/2015, 04/2015, 03/2015 i dont even think either of these arethe first missed payment. 

Charge off amount: $10,000

It says they have notice of intent to sell for 6/2015

but that a last payment was made 11/2016 (which i know was nt from me) ( i made a payment after a notice of intent but the vehicle was sold 7/2016).

My question is this:

The credit bureaus have finished the dispute on this account but are still finishing up with the other 2 accoutns i have.

Do I send a mov letter to all 3 bureuas now or wait until they finish all the disputes?

or

Do i send a letter demanding that they remove this account and send them the screenshots (showing changing payment dates), and state that they have verified and update during each dispute and in each dispute its change  as well as the documents i received from the CO? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Dispute 2nd Round

Each separate dispute is limited to the specific inaccuracy asserted in that dispute, and thus, if the accuracy is verified, has its own separate right to request the method used by the CRA to verify the accuracy of that dispute.

Lack of completion of dispute B does not prevent requesting the method of verification used in dispute A.

A dispute is limited to the investigation and verificaiton/correction/deletion of only the specific item(s) of information identified in the dispute.

The posted scenario asks if deletion of the entire account or of a collection/repo/charge-off reported as a derog under the account must be deleted.

Since they were not specifically items asserted to be inaccurate, resolution of a dispute based on other items of information does not give rise to any requirement to delete the reported CO or the entire account.

If you have additional information not previously submitted in support of your dispute, you can submit another dispute, and it must then be investigated.

Once you have the results of a dispute and you still disagree, you can then get it reviewed by the courts via filing of a civil action contesting the reasonableness of their investigation of the dispute, but you cannot directly file a civil action contesting the accuracy of reported information.  See FCRA 623(c).

The FCRA dispute process does not provide for appeals of the finding in a prior dispute.  To file a second dispute that requires another investigation/reinvestigation, you must provide new information not previously submitted, thus making the dispute not substantially the same as a prior dispute.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.