Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing Collections/Increasing Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing Collections/Increasing Score

Okay, here's the 411

I have about 15 or so collections on my report. I would like to get the collections reported in the last 24 months off of my CR which means about 9. I have been doing some reading, but I have received mixed information. Do I validate the debt and if I don't receive a response in 30 days send a letter to the CA to dispute? How does all of this work? I went on a HUGE app spree so I will be gardening for the next 6 months (at least) but I would like to fix this up so when the time comes I can  get that Barclay card and refinance my car (Already approved by the company that I purchased from intially, so they say. No HP needed, we'll see) for Christmas.

Credit score is: 

590 Equifax

599 Transunion

618 Experian

Utilization is 75% but I am working on getting that down to 30% by next month. I am waiting on a Discover it Chrome Secured card which should get it down to about 50%.

I have Wells Fargo secured $400 (4/15), Capital One Secured $300 (4/15), Discover Secured $300 (7/15); Macy's $300, Bloomingdales $800, Kohls $500, and Fingerhut Fresh Start $230. Waiting to hear back from Nordstrom, will know by Friday.

I work 2 jobs so money is tight. I am new to credit, made some mistakes when I was 18-20 (21 now) and I am cleaning it up. I am a homeowner, but no mortgage as I paid cash. Knee deep in bill especially as my property tax almost doubled. Any ideas would be great!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.