Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to buy a new report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I need to buy a new report?

I have cleared several inaccurate negative items on my report. I can see my score has jumped 50 points in the last 8 weeks. However, several items wrongly remain and transunion seems to be the worst at removing incorrect negative items.

How long is this MyFico report good for/real-time accurate? Do I need to buy a new report?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Re: Do I need to buy a new report?

MyFico reports update monthly for the price of $40. Experian updates daily from what I’ve seen. I pay for the both because I’m a very impatient person and CK doesn’t seem to work for me anymore for some reason but they are free and I think they update weekly for TransUnion and Equifax.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Aside: You have a 500 credit score but spend $40/month on credit monitoring? Seem like a total waste to me. How much worse could things get without spending $480/year?

Message 3 of 6
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

My credit score dropped in 2017 and I didn’t start back looking at it until this year thats why. My credit tanked because of relatives I tried to help and now those negatives accounts are reporting until 2024-25 so my score will be low for awhile and spending $40 a month is not preventing me from fixing what is now messed up.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 4 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have cleared several inaccurate negative items on my report. I can see my score has jumped 50 points in the last 8 weeks. However, several items wrongly remain and transunion seems to be the worst at removing incorrect negative items.

How long is this MyFico report good for/real-time accurate? Do I need to buy a new report?

Hi and welcome! 

If you still have negatives remaining, there may not even be a change 

As far as alerts, if you bought a one time report, you would not get any updates. 

If you're paying for continuous monitoring, there can be a few day delay. 

If you just need to look at your CR, wallet hub offers free daily TU report. Pay no attention to the score, it's vantage. 

Message 5 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

Aside: You have a 500 credit score but spend $40/month on credit monitoring? Seem like a total waste to me. How much worse could things get without spending $480/year?

A lot of us do pay for credit monitoring. It's an individual decision, and if person is trying to improve their credit, hardly an unreasonable one.  

Let's try and stay on topic. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.