Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Dispute

tag
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

Equifax Dispute

On 9/23 I disputed a few things via the online Equifax dispute. When I woke up I had an email stating my dispute had been completed and gave me my confirmation number. When I logged, after going through all the steps, it said we have no disputes on file for you...huh?! I have the email from 9/23 telling me my disputes were received and today 9/25 saying they were complete. What do I do? I want to see my results!

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Dispute

A) Equifax sucks!

B) The disputes I've filed have all generated a ton of emails, but none were actually resolved before 30 days.

YMMV

Message 2 of 25
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Multiple disputes will not be available until they all are completed.

Message 3 of 25
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRA is required to complete their reinvestigation within 30 days, and send a formal Notice of Results of  Reinvestigation within 5 business days thereafter.

The presence of other disputes does not alter that requirement.  Unless the consumer has specfically consented to receipt of the Notice of Rsults electronically, the CRA must send via mail.

The notice of results must provide the outcome, not simply a statement that the dispute has been concluded.

Absent a Notice of Results of Reinvetigation sent within 30 days of the dispute plus 5 business days, the CRA is in violation of the FCRA.

Message 4 of 25
daveg38
Established Contributor

If you dispute inquiries, the turnaround time with EQ is immediate because they'll tell you "inquiries are a statement of permissible file access" or something like that.  Address updates are usually instant as well.  Again, though, YMMV as stated above.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 5 of 25
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Actually, I got some medial accounts deleted rather quickly, within a week.
Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

This depends on how you dispute them.. If you put it all in one Online Dispute that is correct.. If you do them each individually with different confirmation numbers  then you will get the results after the 30-days.

I have had no problem with getting things resolved on Equifax within 30-days. 

Message 7 of 25
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This depends on how you dispute them.. If you put it all in one Online Dispute that is correct.. If you do them each individually with different confirmation numbers  then you will get the results after the 30-days.

OP disputed online. Email comment.

Message 8 of 25
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OP disputed online. Email comment.

Thanks for everyone's opinions. I guess I will just keep waiting and see what happens.

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 9 of 25
kjel
Established Contributor

EQ rarely allows me to dispute online so usually it results in a call. The times I've had several issues the results will roll in separately. You can call the automated system if you have the confirmation # and it will tell you the status.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.