Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax dispute 30 day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax dispute 30 day

I've submitted a dispute on line with Equifax on January 20 and it is pass the 30 day time.  What can I do if my dispute still shows as "Pending" with no results?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax dispute 30 day

Welcome to the forum! I would call them with the dispute number and request an update over the phone. I would also ask them to update the website with any information found. 

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Equifax dispute 30 day

The 30-day period applies to their completion of their reinvestigation.

It does not apply to the period for receipt of results by the consumer.

The FCRA provides a reinvestigation period of (normally) 30 days, and then a period of five business days after conclusion of ther reinvestigation to send the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation.  That could be another 8 days, and then if mailed, additional time to reach your mailbox.

Give it at least 40-45 days ......

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.