Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Boost

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Boost

Yikes. I will never allow any of the CRA to mine even more of my data than they already do. Access to my bank account? Cray cray!
Message 41 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice I got a 48 point boost it was just my cellphone payments.

Message 42 of 62
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

DP: Experian boost doesn't work with Barclays. It will tell you when you try to link.

Message 43 of 62
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

DP: Experian boost doesn't work with Barclays. It will tell you when you try to link.

I want to make certain I'm on the same page as everyone else with regard to Experian Boost; is it not just for utility, telecom and wireless payments paid with a bank checking account?

Not sure where Barclays fits into those categories.

Message 44 of 62
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:
Data point for Experian Boost - Does not accept Barclay’s. Shame as I pay for my Cell phone bill with my Uber Visa which uses Barclay’s Bank US (cell phone insurance benefit). Apparently their systems don’t communicate.

The Experian website clearly states the payments must be made from a checking account.

Message 45 of 62
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Perhaps I might or found a loop hole or perhaps it won’t work. I will know in 3 months.
Message 46 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure how others are getting success with this. Over the past two months I’ve tried to get boost to recognize my monthly TMobile bill but it will not see it. I called them yesterday and they took my information and verified it and said they’d get back to me. There are at least 4 payments from that account. Anyway I’ll update here if they “find” the T-Mobile transactions lol
Message 47 of 62
8bitmachinegun
Regular Contributor

Well this did give me a fairly significant increase. Went from a 685 to 711 with a few clicks. It found my power bill, T-mobile bill and cable bill for about 18 months back.

Too bad only Experian offers this. My TU score is still a semi-lousy 644.
FICO8 - Aug 2020
FICO9 - Aug 2019
Message 48 of 62
babbles
Established Contributor

I got an 11 point boost  but guess what, it added to my debt to income ratio, no go I'm unboosting right away!

Message 49 of 62
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

I tried it awhile when it was first announced and there was no change on my score.  I disabled it right away for privacy concerns since it wasn't having any impact anyway.

They are now advertising this heavily on the radio and even there commercials state that not all lenders accept scores that use "Boost".  So why give them the data to mine when there is no guarantee that any lender will actually use the "Boost" score?  

Plus, if a lender does a 3-bureau pull and sees that your Experian is higher as a result of boost -- chances are they will ignore that score as an outlier.  I've read that for the purposes of qualifying for a mortgage, they throw out your high score and your low score anyway so if Experian is always your high score because of "Boost", it isn't going to count for the really important stuff.  

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 50 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.