Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flagship Credit Acceptance Repo Balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flagship Credit Acceptance Repo Balance

Hello all!  In late 2016 after a job loss, I unfortunately fell behind on car payments and eventually the vehicle was repo'd.  Following the repo, I received a letter from the lender , Flagship stating that the car would be sold within X amount of days.  After receipt of this letter, I never received any further correspondence from Flagship.

Fast forward to present, the balance shown on all 3 reports, shows a balance that is the same as I owed when the vehicle was taken back.  I never received a statement regarding the sale of the vehicle.  Looking at the numbers on my reports, it does not appear that, if the vehicle was in fact sold, any proceeds were applied to the balance owed that is being reported.

In the meantime, I have opened 3 revolving accounts, and an installment loan getting my scores back to around 625 from 500.  What is the best course of action to take regarding Flagship?  I know I own it, but something is amiss about the way it is being reported, and I don't want to backtrack the forward progress I've made by filing BK to take care of the reported balance.  Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Re: Flagship Credit Acceptance Repo Balance

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all!  In late 2016 after a job loss, I unfortunately fell behind on car payments and eventually the vehicle was repo'd.  Following the repo, I received a letter from the lender , Flagship stating that the car would be sold within X amount of days.  After receipt of this letter, I never received any further correspondence from Flagship.

Fast forward to present, the balance shown on all 3 reports, shows a balance that is the same as I owed when the vehicle was taken back.  I never received a statement regarding the sale of the vehicle.  Looking at the numbers on my reports, it does not appear that, if the vehicle was in fact sold, any proceeds were applied to the balance owed that is being reported.

In the meantime, I have opened 3 revolving accounts, and an installment loan getting my scores back to around 625 from 500.  What is the best course of action to take regarding Flagship?  I know I own it, but something is amiss about the way it is being reported, and I don't want to backtrack the forward progress I've made by filing BK to take care of the reported balance.  Any advice is greatly appreciated!

You could contact them in regards to the account and ask if the car was ever sold. They should have and retain records towards and sales as anything from it would be going towards the debt and any balance afterwards would be left for you to take care of. If they have sold it and they didnt update you, ask them for the documents and for them to update your credit reports, and once you receive the documents and the remaining balance that you owe, proceed to arrange payments. If they havent sold it or was not able too, then you are left with having to pay the balance. You may also be subject to additional fees due to it being repo (eg repo cost, storage fees, etc), which may reflect towards the balance as well. If they wont work with you or refuse to provide any documents and update the balance, you may have to get an attorney involved. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Flagship Credit Acceptance Repo Balance

Hello,
What ever happened with your situation. I am in the same situation but I want to do a voluntary repo. Did they sue you? Garnish your wages? Allow you to set up a plan?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.