cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an iniquiry removed If i did not allow or knew it was going to be pulled.

tag
samint
Established Member

Getting an iniquiry removed If i did not allow or knew it was going to be pulled.

quick background story.

a few years back i had an overdraft that i didnt pay and it came back to haunt me in may of this year  when i got a collection letter in the mail; I was young and stupid. 

also my local credit union would not accept me because i was on chexsystems. i was there to see about a car loan. the first time, i went to the CU, I appeared on Chexsystems and was told to take care of that. no other type of inquiries .

i paid off the debt asap. faxed chexsystems proof and the collection agency also contacted them about me paying them off.

I then decided to try again with the CU. However I still wasn't approved because ChexSystems kept me in the system because  paying off the debt I ackowledged the debt was mine and is kept as is till time clears it. Well i went home, pulled a free credit report from Experian on August of this year and saw the CU hard inquiry of the second time i went .  I also bought EQ fico on Sept 02 and also saw the hard inquiry from the CU.  I was upset at first and then decided to let it be. However I guess what bothered me is that the first time I went to the CU the the representative said she wasnt even allowed to pull my credit score because i was on ChexSystems, but the second one did check my credit report without my knowledge and permission.

Can i get this removed? I dont want to trigger any fraud/security issue on my report though for having it removed. I think it's fair since she wasnt allowed per company policy for appearing on ChexSystems and she did not ask me. 

by the way, by some miracle the collection never got reported at all to any of the beaurus. it somehow slipped through all 3 beaurus. i did see the collection company pulling soft inquiries on the free Experian report i pulled on August. I am ashamed i let this overdraft ever happen. I do take care of my credit since i started building 2 years ago.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
samint
Established Member

Re: Getting an iniquiry removed If i did not allow or knew it was going to be pulled.

also, please note this is not an attempt to remove inquiries I was aware of. I have 6 or 7 I wish I could remove having made them not knowing how credit worked. Those will just have to come off as they fall off. just this one is really bothering me.

Message 2 of 4
samint
Established Member

Re: Getting an inquiry removed If i did not allow or knew it was going to be pulled.

any advice?

Message 3 of 4
sunshine24
New Contributor

Re: Getting an inquiry removed If i did not allow or knew it was going to be pulled.

I don't think I can help or specifically answer your question, but here's my experience in dealing with CUs and inquiries. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to open up a savings account with a CU and noticed they did a hard pull on my Experian. It irritated me but I figured there wasn't much I could do about it. I remembered that years back when I'd opened a WFB checking account, they'd done a hard pull too. Then, a few days later, a rep from the CU contacted me and asked if I'd like to also open up a free checking account. I said "Sure", thinking that it was probably a good idea anyway. The next day I noticed TWO more hard pulls on my Experian. I contacted the CU and said WTH, did you really need to pull two more times? They looked into it and agreed to remove one of the hard pulls but apparently did have permissable purpose to pull twice, one for the savings and one for the checking. The third pull was just some sort of error. So i am stuck now with two hard pulls on Experian. Had I known, I wouldn't have taken them up on the checking account. I incorrectly assumed they would have just used whatever report they pulled to open my savings account. BTW, they haven't removed the third pull yet. Now I will assume that any time I want to open up an account of any sort, I can expect a hard pull.

Starting Score: 608 EQ (FICO) 8/11/11
Current Score: 713 EQ (FICO) 2/14/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.