cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! NEED ADVICE, TIPS, SUGGESTIONS WHATEVER!!

tag
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

HELP! NEED ADVICE, TIPS, SUGGESTIONS WHATEVER!!

HI LOVELYS!!

I need to get a small loan or a credit card for wedding expenses. I planned to either ask one of credit cards for an increase more likely CAP ONE or my Credit Union VISA CARD, or get another PLOC thru my Credit Union. So I thought my biggest issue was all my cards were maxed out so I paid them all down to 25% UTI. They are not all reporting yet but the two biggest ones like the $2500 card I sent $2000 and my score literally only went up 7 points! So I thought it was my overal still hurting me but then two more cards reported and dropped my overall to 26% and nothing it didn't change my score at all! What the heck! I paid $3000 to move 7 points Why?! can anyone please look below and see if there is something I am missing or that I can do ASAP that can help me get to at least a score of 650. thats my goal before I call for an increase.

WHAT CAN I DO??!! SUGGESTIONS! TIPS! ANYTHING!

BTW thanks to this beautiful forum and everyone in it, I have learned my lessons and have set out to NEVER make the same mistakes I made in the past. I have been on time with every payment in my life even bills that do not report to the bureaus for little over a year now, very hard road too.

CURRENT FICO SCORE 8 MODEL

TRANSUNION- 636

EXPERIAN-637

EQUIFAX-631

THE GOOD

OVERVIEW ON EXPERIAN REPORT

Your credit usage is low.

Credit Usage

26 %

Credit Debt

$1,462.00

Total Credit

$5,650.00

Good job! Your account balances are low. Keeping your credit utilization rate low can have a positive impact on your credit.

CAP ONE -New Card less than a month old- $300 limit

Status-Open

Balance-$0

Type-Credit Card

Payment Status-Paid on time

CAPITAL ONE BANK USA (Quicksilver)– card is 1-year-old with $2500 limit

Status-Open

Balance-$646

Type-Credit Card

Payment Status-Paid on time always

CAPITAL ONE BANK USA (Quicksilver)- card is 1-year-old with $400 limit                                                                                                                                                        (side note- got approved for a platinum but they sent me a 2nd Quicksilver, not sure why)

Status-Open

Balance-$371

Type-Credit Card

This card actually only has a balance of $70 that is not being reported yet.

COMENITY BANK/VCTRSSEC-card is 1-year-old with $500 limit

Status-Open

Balance-$0

Type-Unknown

COMENITYCAPITAL/JDWLLM- card is 1-year-old with $750 limit

Status-Open

Balance-$0

Type-Unknown

CREDIT ONE BANK card is 1-year-old with $650 limit

Status-Open

Balance-$166

Type-Credit Card

STATE DEPARTMENT FCU

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Installment Loan-PLOC

Payment Status-Paid on time always, probably should have tried to keep this open, you live and you learn.

STATE DEPARTMENT FCU- card is 1-year-old with $300 limit

Status-Open

Balance-$279

Type-Credit Card

Payment Status-Paid on time always- this card actually only has a balance of $50 not reporting yet.

SYNCB/TOYSRUS-card is 1-year-old with $400 limit

Status-Open

Balance-$0

Type-Unknown

US DEPT OF ED/GLELSI- Student loan have not started paying because I’m still in school, first payment due in November.

Status-Open

Balance-$11,100

Type-Installment Loan

Payment Status-Paid

THE BAD

Overview on front page of report for experian

You have late payments and/or other derogatory information

Late payments

Time since late

0 month(s)

Public records

Collection accounts

ECMC

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Installment Loan

Payment Status-Paid- One 30-day late payment in April 2014

BOTH ECMC, WELLS FARGO, ACS/JPM CHASE are all reporting for the same student loan back in 2004. I reported with all 3 bureaus that it should be deleted by now, was denied, contacted BBB-denied, contact chase and JPM and neither have record of my loan and don’t care if it gets deleted and gave me number to ACS today to contact them tomorrow to see if they will be willing to delete.

ECMC

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Installment Loan-

Payment Status-Paid

BOTH ECMC, BOTH WELLS FARGO, ACS/JPM CHASE are all reporting for the same student loan back in 2004. I reported with all 3 bureaus that it should be deleted by now, was denied, contacted BBB-denied, contact chase and JPM and neither have record of my loan and don’t care if it gets deleted and gave me number to ACS today to contact them tomorrow to see if they will be willing to delete

FAIR COLLECTIONS & OUT

Status-Closed

Balance-$1,612

Type-Collection

Payment Status-Late

This is from an apt that my ex-husband abandoned after our divorce was final but it is reporting on both reports because I was on the original lease and never took my name off like an idiot. SO I’m stuck they offered a 50% settlement that I cannot pay right now. Probably can pay it in December.

FREEDOM OF MARYLAND FC

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Credit Card

Payment Status-Paid in full last year

Just saw on a new report they reported a late payment for August 2016 but this was paid in full last year, I sent them a goodwill email asking for a deletion months ago with no response, WHAT THE HECK!! This is only late payment they are reporting, even though I had many lates in 2009 and 2010 and was charged off in 2010.

PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASS

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Collection

Payment Status-Paid- Reporting 24 lates from July 2013 to June 2015

ACS/JP MORGAN CHASE BANK

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Installment Loan

Payment Status-Unknown- Reporting 3 lates in 2011 and 11 lates in 2012

BOTH ECMC, WELLS FARGO, ACS/JPM CHASE are all reporting for the same student loan back in 2004. I reported with all 3 bureaus that it should be deleted by now, was denied, contacted BBB-denied, contact chase and JPM and neither have record of my loan and don’t care if it gets deleted and gave me number to ACS today to contact them tomorrow to see if they will be willing to delete. Also I just found an old credit report from 2010 that shows ACS reporting an open date of 2004.

CAPITAL ONE BANK USA N

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Credit Card

Payment Status-Paid with one 30 days late on record 1 year ago.

Sent tons of GW letters, got a VM from an agent 5 days ago and haven’t been able to reach him

07 WELLS FARGO EFS

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Collection

Payment Status-Unknown

BOTH ECMC, BOTH WELLS FARGO, ACS/JPM CHASE are all reporting for the same student loan back in 2004. I reported with all 3 bureaus that it should be deleted by now, was denied, contacted BBB-denied, contact chase and JPM and neither have record of my loan and don’t care if it gets deleted and gave me number to ACS today to contact them tomorrow to see if they will be willing to delete. They are also on my old credit report that I just found from 2010 with an open date of 2004

07 WELLS FARGO EFS

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Collection

Payment Status-Unknown

BOTH ECMC, BOTH WELLS FARGO, ACS/JPM CHASE are all reporting for the same student loan back in 2004. I reported with all 3 bureaus that it should be deleted by now, was denied, contacted BBB-denied, contact chase and JPM and neither have record of my loan and don’t care if it gets deleted and gave me number to ACS today to contact them tomorrow to see if they will be willing to delete. They are also on my old credit report that I just found from 2010 with an open date of 2004

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Re: HELP! NEED ADVICE, TIPS, SUGGESTIONS WHATEVER!!

sounds like you are hammering away at what you can on your report. you are in the right place, exactly.

the inquiry that comes from a new card will ding your score, beware.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@izzesparks wrote:

HI LOVELYS!!

I need to get a small loan or a credit card for wedding expenses. I planned to either ask one of credit cards for an increase more likely CAP ONE or my Credit Union VISA CARD, or get another PLOC thru my Credit Union. So I thought my biggest issue was all my cards were maxed out so I paid them all down to 25% UTI. They are not all reporting yet but the two biggest ones like the $2500 card I sent $2000 and my score literally only went up 7 points! So I thought it was my overal still hurting me but then two more cards reported and dropped my overall to 26% and nothing it didn't change my score at all! What the heck! I paid $3000 to move 7 points Why?! can anyone please look below and see if there is something I am missing or that I can do ASAP that can help me get to at least a score of 650. thats my goal before I call for an increase.

WHAT CAN I DO??!! SUGGESTIONS! TIPS! ANYTHING!

BTW thanks to this beautiful forum and everyone in it, I have learned my lessons and have set out to NEVER make the same mistakes I made in the past. I have been on time with every payment in my life even bills that do not report to the bureaus for little over a year now, very hard road too.

CURRENT FICO SCORE 8 MODEL

TRANSUNION- 636

EXPERIAN-637

EQUIFAX-631

THE GOOD

OVERVIEW ON EXPERIAN REPORT

Your credit usage is low.

Credit Usage

26 %

Credit Debt

$1,462.00

Total Credit

$5,650.00

Good job! Your account balances are low. Keeping your credit utilization rate low can have a positive impact on your credit.

CAP ONE -New Card less than a month old- $300 limit

Status-Open

Balance-$0

Type-Credit Card

Payment Status-Paid on time

CAPITAL ONE BANK USA (Quicksilver)– card is 1-year-old with $2500 limit

Status-Open

Balance-$646

Type-Credit Card

CAPITAL ONE BANK USA (Quicksilver)- card is 1-year-old with $400 limit                                                                                                                                                        (side note- got approved for a platinum but they sent me a 2nd Quicksilver, not sure why)

Status-Open

Balance-$371

Type-Credit Card

This card actually only has a balance of $70 that is not being reported yet.

COMENITY BANK/VCTRSSEC-card is 1-year-old with $500 limit

Status-Open

Balance-$0

Type-Unknown

COMENITYCAPITAL/JDWLLM- card is 1-year-old with $750 limit

Status-Open

Balance-$0

Type-Unknown

CREDIT ONE BANK card is 1-year-old with $650 limit

Status-Open

Balance-$166

Type-Credit Card

STATE DEPARTMENT FCU

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Installment Loan-PLOC

Payment Status-Paid on time always, probably should have tried to keep this open, you live and you learn.

STATE DEPARTMENT FCU- card is 1-year-old with $300 limit

Status-Open

Balance-$279

Type-Credit Card

Payment Status-Paid on time always- this card actually only has a balance of $50 not reporting yet.

SYNCB/TOYSRUS-card is 1-year-old with $400 limit

Status-Open

Balance-$0

Type-Unknown

US DEPT OF ED/GLELSI- Student loan have not started paying because I’m still in school, first payment due in November.

Status-Open

Balance-$11,100

Type-Installment Loan

Payment Status-Paid

THE BAD

Overview on front page of report for experian

You have late payments and/or other derogatory information

Late payments

Time since late

0 month(s)

Public records

Collection accounts

ECMC

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Installment Loan

Payment Status-Paid- One 30-day late payment in April 2014

BOTH ECMC, WELLS FARGO, ACS/JPM CHASE are all reporting for the same student loan back in 2004. I reported with all 3 bureaus that it should be deleted by now, was denied, contacted BBB-denied, contact chase and JPM and neither have record of my loan and don’t care if it gets deleted and gave me number to ACS today to contact them tomorrow to see if they will be willing to delete.

ECMC

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Installment Loan-

Payment Status-Paid

BOTH ECMC, BOTH WELLS FARGO, ACS/JPM CHASE are all reporting for the same student loan back in 2004. I reported with all 3 bureaus that it should be deleted by now, was denied, contacted BBB-denied, contact chase and JPM and neither have record of my loan and don’t care if it gets deleted and gave me number to ACS today to contact them tomorrow to see if they will be willing to delete

FAIR COLLECTIONS & OUT

Status-Closed

Balance-$1,612

Type-Collection

Payment Status-Late

This is from an apt that my ex-husband abandoned after our divorce was final but it is reporting on both reports because I was on the original lease and never took my name off like an idiot. SO I’m stuck they offered a 50% settlement that I cannot pay right now. Probably can pay it in December.

FREEDOM OF MARYLAND FC

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Credit Card

Payment Status-Paid in full last year

Just saw on a new report they reported a late payment for August 2016 but this was paid in full last year, I sent them a goodwill email asking for a deletion months ago with no response, WHAT THE HECK!! This is only late payment they are reporting, even though I had many lates in 2009 and 2010 and was charged off in 2010.

PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASS

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Collection

Payment Status-Paid- Reporting 24 lates from July 2013 to June 2015

ACS/JP MORGAN CHASE BANK

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Installment Loan

Payment Status-Unknown- Reporting 3 lates in 2011 and 11 lates in 2012

BOTH ECMC, WELLS FARGO, ACS/JPM CHASE are all reporting for the same student loan back in 2004. I reported with all 3 bureaus that it should be deleted by now, was denied, contacted BBB-denied, contact chase and JPM and neither have record of my loan and don’t care if it gets deleted and gave me number to ACS today to contact them tomorrow to see if they will be willing to delete. Also I just found an old credit report from 2010 that shows ACS reporting an open date of 2004.

CAPITAL ONE BANK USA N

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Credit Card

Payment Status-Paid with one 30 days late on record 1 year ago.

Sent tons of GW letters, got a VM from an agent 5 days ago and haven’t been able to reach him

07 WELLS FARGO EFS

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Collection

Payment Status-Unknown

07 WELLS FARGO EFS

Status-Closed

Balance-$0

Type-Collection

Payment Status-Unknown

I say just go for the request online for both your Capital One that are 1yr old.  It is a soft pull so you don't have anything to lose - if you haven't had increases on either in the past 6 months and they are in good standing with low utilization it is def worth it.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

you have 2 collections and 6 lates on your report.  you will be lucky to get over 660 until you get a those baddies off.  Also, 26 percent is not really low UTL.  try getting it in the single digits.  

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much of a loan or CLI are you looking for?
Message 5 of 13
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

you have 2 collections and 6 lates on your report.  you will be lucky to get over 660 until you get a those baddies off.

I only want to get to a 650, and trust me I am tryng most of those are from 2010 and all are paid off except the one from ex-husband. They are fighting me something fierce for accounts that are so old and paid ugh.

Message 6 of 13
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How much of a loan or CLI are you looking for?

I would like $2500 maybe $3000.

Message 7 of 13
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

@righthererightnow wrote:

sounds like you are hammering away at what you can on your report. you are in the right place, exactly.

the inquiry that comes from a new card will ding your score, beware.

Thanks I am trying!! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, it's very unlikely you will be approved for a loan with your scores and baddies. You can try Avant and see if they offer you anything. It's a soft pull on TU. I can't see Cap1 giving you that big of a CLI, but who knows. When is the last time you asked Cap1 for a CLI?

Message 9 of 13
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately, it's very unlikely you will be approved for a loan with your scores and baddies. You can try Avant and see if they offer you anything. It's a soft pull on TU. I can't see Cap1 giving you that big of a CLI, but who knows. When is the last time you asked Cap1 for a CLI?

for the Cap one with $400 limit they gave me a $100 CLI 3 months ago, for the $2500 one they gave me an automatic CLI of $2000 back in Jan of this year. I havent called since trying to wait for scores to go up.

i think whats hurting me the most is that Freedom Federal lied and reported that I was late this month but that card has been closed for 2 years and paid off

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.